Insimenator.org
May 21, 2024, 12:31:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jewlery  (Read 3123 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cheriem72

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2006, 09:02:20 pm »

I downloaded Jewlery and was happily using it on every female sim in my hood before pets.  I noticed somewhere, someone mentioned the jewlery meshes were broken.  I thought, mine are working just fine!!  What are they talking about!  I have now seen the problem and have looked and looked for a fix.  Anyone know how the jewlery meshes got broken and how it can be fixed?  You can do a temp fix by renewing the jewlery in the mirror but the next time the sim shows up on a community lot or as a guest somewhere, the mesh problem is back.  The jewlery shows up as a flashing blue small squares above the sims head.  I have now also  talked to another simmer I know who is having the same problem.

Any ideas how to fix it?  Anyone know what pets did to break it?
Katami

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 01:25:53 am »

I'm having the same exact problem, but it's not just my female sims, it's my male sims mostly! I want this fixed so badly. I can't stand having to go through the process of making a visiting sim selectable, directing them to a mirror, accepting the same look I gave the sim in the past five times that I've had to go to the mirror, and make the sim unselectable again; I just want to play my game hassle free! I'll continue looking for the answer on other sites and forums and I'll update this with an answer if I find one before anyone else does.
Cheriem72

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 05:58:18 pm »

Ok, I was over at More Awesome Than You and someone had posted this problem with another one they were having.  Sleepycat had an answer.  Evidently the jewlery that's the problem is based of a mesh by Dr. Pixel.  There is something that Pets broke with this particular mesh.  My understanding is that Dr. Pixel is working on updating the base mesh.  The advice was pull it out for now and keep an eye on Blarneystone (his site) for updates.   BTW, TY Sleepycat. Smiley
dragon_tfm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 02:29:19 am »

he has already fixed his mesh...it was posted over on mts2 ..i think in the help thread refering to the messed up mesh...also i have this blue blinky stuff with louise ears but only for those made before the pets ep..(or rather those already in teh game b4 the ep was installed)  but ive heard you can fix this by removing the blue blinking item in te mirror...save the game with it off then go back into the game and put the ears back on and the next time you save it should be saving the proper info....i havent done this yet since i havent played those characters since i learned about this tip...but i have found that they work if you make a character after the pets ep was installed with those ears....just incase anyone has those ears and its the same for the satyr horns from here as well (at least for me)   i dont use many others accessories so i cant say about them srry

ps ill try to find link to where he posted the updates mesh

ah found the post http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=202762    post #14 has the download
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 02:36:40 am by dragon_tfm » Logged

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008

please do not upload my creations anywhere else or claim them as your own thx!
Cheriem72

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 09:19:35 am »

Dragon, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!! for that link!  I appreciate the help so very much!
simaddict

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 12:53:39 am »

Thanks for the info. This rates you very high with my favorite people
vlsullivan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 01:32:10 am »

Quote from: dragon_tfm;454378
he has already fixed his mesh...it was posted over on mts2 ..i think in the help thread refering to the messed up mesh...also i have this blue blinky stuff with louise ears but only for those made before the pets ep..(or rather those already in teh game b4 the ep was installed)  but ive heard you can fix this by removing the blue blinking item in te mirror...save the game with it off then go back into the game and put the ears back on and the next time you save it should be saving the proper info....i havent done this yet since i havent played those characters since i learned about this tip...but i have found that they work if you make a character after the pets ep was installed with those ears....just incase anyone has those ears and its the same for the satyr horns from here as well (at least for me)   i dont use many others accessories so i cant say about them srry

ps ill try to find link to where he posted the updates mesh

ah found the post http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=202762    post #14 has the download

THANKS!:lol:

This fixed my otherwise elegant pixie with Enayla's gorgeous skin and bright blue ears that floated above his head.Smiley
anacon32

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 07:01:28 am »

Thank you very much for the info.  My sims can now wear all their beautiful jewelry again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: