Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 03:48:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it my video card?  (Read 3319 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cinamun

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2006, 06:22:54 pm »

I have a very high powered Digital Media Edition Dell PC.. I have all the graphics turned on HIGH in my game (ie. Textures, detail)  But when I zoom in on my Sims, their clothes are still a blur.. Now this is ONLY during game play.  In CAS the detail is crystal clear...

Here are some examples..

This is in CAS.. notice the detail of the shirt?  The stripes are crystal clear and you can clearly see the texture of the shirt.

Now this is an in-game close up shot.. This really isnt the BEST example, but all I could find for the moment..

Check out the blonde in the front..  No detail or texture at all in the front of the dress, however in CAS, the detail is amazing and  you can clearly see the texture in the dress, in game its all a blur......

Is this normal??

...enjoying the game.
Jelly

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 07:07:10 pm »

Your textures and graphic quality are probably going down because of your video card, but I am not an expert.  I know that when I had an older video card it couldn't take too much detail, such as, you should turn off being able to view your neighboring houses and scenery while in a sims home.  Do you have high polygon objects in the house? That might contribute to that as well.

Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 07:45:17 pm »

Yes, I do have "Neighborhood View" on.  And not sure about the high polygon objects in my  home, I probably do LOL I'll try playing with "Neighborhood View" off and start some Sims out in an empty home with no CC and see if that changes things.  Thank you

...enjoying the game.
Scorpio

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 08:35:30 pm »

I had the same problem, but whenever I settled down on the neighborhood view graphics, my graphics stayed crystal clear. You should try toning down the neighborhood graphics....I hope I helped:toothy5:

I\\\\\\\'m a bit....Spicy<br />Seriously:evil4:
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 09:37:15 pm »

I love the neighborhood view tho Sad Just makes it more eye-catching when my Sims are outside, I have yet to load my game up, but when i do, I will turn off neighborhood view and take some screen shots and report back Smiley

************UPDATE***************

Okay so I turned off neighborhood view and the quality and detail is much better as you can see

Now how can I view the neighborhood and STILL have good quality and detail?  New Video Card I suppose?.... ugh...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 12:36:04 am by Cinamun » Logged

...enjoying the game.
freewill

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 04:59:49 am »

I have the same exact problem and it's SO annoying. Did you ever fix the problem or did you have to buy a new video card?. It really makes me not want to play the sims lol cause on here, some posts people pictures are so amazing. the custom skins that people make look nothing like on the pictures in my game. ;[
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 09:59:40 pm »

Do you take those pictures with the in-gam camera ('C') or do you use print-screen?
SkeleBear

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 08:43:27 pm »

I had the same problem until I turned "Smooth Edges" off under the graphics options. After that, the textures came up much more clear.

freewill

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 02:23:25 am »

Smooth edges are greyed out in my gaming options i cant do anything with it
SkeleBear

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 09:05:59 am »

Quote from: freewill;640639
Smooth edges are greyed out in my gaming options i cant do anything with it

If "Smooth Edges" is 'greyed out' on your options, then that means that your graphics card doesn't support the necessary 3D engines that the Sims 2 uses, which might also explain why your textures aren't as clear as you'd like them to be. I would recommend replacing your card at your earliest convenience. I can recommend a very good place to buy them from, which has great prices and excellent services (and NO, I don't work for them or get anything for suggesting them LOL).

freewill

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 01:14:09 am »

Thank you Cocytus. Yeah i have a very crappy Intel chipset card, and i desperately want a upgrade cause all of my CC is on here. (plus i want to download more) but luckly i have a laptop too. which has a ATI card that came with it. and nothing is greyed out at all. So i am playing the sims on there ;] its so much better. just i know it cant hold alot of CC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: