Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 04:39:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: servos  (Read 7799 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mieley

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2006, 10:07:56 pm »

Im so curious about servos. OFB is the only EP that I dont have and I havent really found out what they do. I know that in the sims 1, they were like a computerized maid for your sims but from what I've seen from screen shots and such they can be vampires and warewolves, and appearently can get pregnant or something....

can anyone tell me what they really do in OFB? Hoping to get it soon.

I´ll come again when you have Judge on the menue.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 12:27:29 am »

Servos can keep the house, garden, hold jobs, cook meals and just about anything else you have a sim do.  And they don't age.  There are hacks that will allow them to get pregnant and probably even become vampires.  I'm sure there's even mods to overcome all of the shortcomings of a servo, such as:

- If even one sim on the lot is low on hunger, the servo continuously fixes meal.
- The servo will break cue constantly with "Do chore" commands.  This usually ends up fixing continuous meals (see above).
- Servos have a fascination with fixing and cleaning showers which constantly shorts them out forcing repairs.  Sorry about any little ones while the servo was a nanny and decides to repair the shower.

- On the other hand, servos can be a persistent storage of knowledge and perks.  Train up the skills and you have your skills teacher.  Teach them the perks of business and they are in the family forever.
- Set them to work on a workbench or on a business task and they will perform it tirelessly.

I'm sure others can come up with additional pluses and minuses.
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 06:43:04 pm »

A friend of mine told me they accidentally aged a servo using a cheat. He said it changed it so it LOOKED like a person but still sounded and acted like a robot, unable to get pregnant etc and needing to go outside and recharge. Now I haven't tried it myself, but if that worked, it would be really cool to make a Commander Data for Star Trek or simply tireless workers as described above. Actually, I'm going to try it and if it works then I have my elves for Santa's Workshop (Low, low prices and great quality products for your children!)
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
joanne1977

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 07:11:35 pm »

mine always break and run around zapping everyone!!!
susaninsturgis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:12:02 pm »

There are robots besides servos to in OFB. There are the work benches, and the crafts they make, elevators, and some new furniture. Its worth it to get. Even if you dont open a bussiness its a good one to have Smiley.
mieley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 09:14:08 pm »

oh wow, servos in the sims 2 sound loads better than the sims 1 version. i actually have the money to buy OFB from babysitting XD but im thinking of saving it so i can get the new seasons EP. Im just not sure when its out tho, if its not for a few more months, I can always make more money.

Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 01:46:24 am »

It comes out at the end of February.
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
mieley

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 04:56:20 am »

oo yay then ill spend this money on OFB.

woohoo
::excitement::

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 05:19:52 pm »

It took a long time for me to show even the slightest interest in OFB, and the main reason I got it in the end was because of the CC using OFB meshes ^_^ It has turned out to be worth it though; I haven't used the business side yet but I will, and I have a female servo whose appearance I changed using Squinge's Change Servo package, so she looks human, but still sounds robotic. And she hasn't broken or gone crazy once Cheesy

No requests please
Nightywolf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 04:02:15 am »

Answering a question above, you can use aging cheats to make servos take human form, and they can be zombies,vampires, etc.  I only don't like servos because they have a habit of wasting money serving endless meals, emptying the poor fridge, only to rot all the food and annoying me.  Also you can't control thier urge to stop doing chores.  Ultimately, I think Maxis made Servos too human.  They should be more robotic and shouldn't require fun and social needs(are there mods to make these static specially for servos?).

"Gimme Da bannana, or Gimme Da bird!  YOU DECIDE!"
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 05:39:26 am »

I think Squinge did a mod to stop the do chores thing popping up. I know there's mods on MTS2 for recharging at night and water-proofing them, which I have used and abused on more than one occasion Wink

No requests please
tophatdan

iam a superhero in real life...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 03:25:13 am »

i has a servo go crazy recently and comit suicide by sticking its head in the toilet, it was really weird, has this happened to anyone else

i cut the non sticky personal ads out of newspapers and burn then for inspiration
collin152

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 06:05:52 pm »

Suicide? No. Dive into the pool? Oh yeah.
tophatdan

iam a superhero in real life...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 09:31:03 pm »

i dont give my sims pools, i work on a reward basis with my sims, if they are good they get things, if they are bad they dont, none of my sims have been good enough to warrant getting a pool

i cut the non sticky personal ads out of newspapers and burn then for inspiration
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 11:42:25 pm »

Quote from: collin152;659743
Suicide? No. Dive into the pool? Oh yeah.

Same difference Wink Cheesy

No requests please
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: