Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 06:54:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: insimenator help  (Read 3882 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alexiapotatoes
« on: January 13, 2007, 03:57:56 pm »

When I download the insimenator and unzip it, the .package file appears as a black square with "exec" in the top left corner.  I put it in the EA games downloads folder, but it doesn't appear in the game.  Custom content is enabled.  Any suggestions...?
Maxx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 03:46:45 pm »

It doesn't work with your Mac computer. Some Mac users can download and use Insim with no problem and others can't. If you have a blank square and when you right click it and it has no default "Open with..." then it isn't Mac compatible.
Baby Ronno

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 10:44:32 pm »

Oh no... I hope InTeen works with the latest Mac OS X, as I've been planning to install it for my new Mac Sims 2...darn.  I'll give it a shot anyway.

:google:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 11:56:50 am »

the file-type probe in MacOS X is a bit schizophrenic when it comes to the .package file-type.  For reasons known only to Steve Jobs, it will mis-identify the .package file-type about 33% of the time if there is the slightest whiff of active scripting, like there is in the InSIMenator.

Usually I find beating my G4's case with an old boot does nothing to improve this situation, but makes me feel better. I have seen side-by-side on my desk the performance of the game under PC and Mac and I will say this: I turn on my Mac only to test for compatability of my meshes, otherwise it just gathers dust.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Charmy Renai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 03:10:15 pm »

It appears as a black "exec" icon on my computer, yet it still works for me. The same is true for a handful of files in my downloads.
Marhis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 04:39:10 pm »

Er... yes, the appereance and icon has nothing to do with the functionality of any file, and, Maxx, the fact a file has no default "open with" has nothing to do with compatibility either.

I know that InTeenimator has issues with Mac system, but InSIM should not, as far as I know (but I don't understand what beosboxboy said about active scripting, so I may be wrong).

In any case, have you looked in the right place? I have the SIM edition, so I see all new menus clicking on sims or on the ground, but if you are looking for the "physical" objects they should be in Miscellaneous/All (please correct me if wrong, I'm used to the spawn feature of InSIM).
Pfrkt99

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 11:39:55 am »

How do you download insimenator for macs?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 11:44:06 am by Squinge » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: