Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 05:48:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Mac Owners of OFB and/or Pets  (Read 3554 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
papersky06

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2007, 03:38:20 pm »

I'm considering getting one or the other. I don't have enough money for both...sadness. :icon9:
Anyway, I was wondering which game you seem to like more on it's own? I keep thinking that Pets would be fun, but then I start thinking that OFB would be better.
I'm just looking for opinions. :read2: I hope it's ok for me to post this here.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 05:00:59 pm »

papersky = there are some pretty serious bugs with the Pets EP that don't have solutions for the Mac yet.

I personally think OfB is a far superior EP for a number of reasons. but if you really want cats and dogs, then Pets may add more "playability" to your game.  Just be mindful that it will be a bit problematic.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
papersky06

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 07:26:11 pm »

Wow, I didn't hear anything about that...thanks for telling me! I was leaning toward OFB anyway. Thanks again! Smiley
panthergirl
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 06:22:07 pm »

I got and installed both, and there are definitely some funky things happening.

A lot of my custom content was replaced with standard Maxis stuff. It's all still there and selectable, but I'm having to replace everything manually. It's a pain.

But the worst part is that the Insiminator doesn't work. Things like The Summoner, The Motive Monitor, etc. don't work at all.

I run a celebrity spoof SIMS blog, so I seriously manipulate the game to get the screenshots I need. The Insiminator was like manna from heaven for me, and now I'm really annoyed. Sad

I'm hoping to find some answers here...
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 05:03:01 am »

Panthergirl - there is a pets updated version of InSIMenator available; it is possible that you may have another non-Pets version of a mod or hack that is causing the problems if you already have the Pets-updated InSIM.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Marhis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 04:52:48 pm »

A bit later, maybe, but I would add a confirmed issue with OfB on Mac.
The Ressurectonomitron is seriously borked: that issue is fixed in Pets EP, but no patch is available from Aspyr for non-Pets players (like me).

In short, after resurrection (full or zombie, doesn't matter) the game calls a Lua script (in pre-OfB was different) to "patch all relationships", and that script make a mess. It sets ALL relationships flags with ALL the sims in the neighborhood, for the resurrected one. This means that he/she will be friend, best friend, enemy, with a crush on, in love with, going steady, engaged and married with everybody. Shees....

Apart of the annoyance, it's a huge mess and a potential serious damage for the future stability of neighborhood.

I've tried to make a sort of fix in SimPE, at least to get rid of the most dangerous part: I'm not very experienced and that solution has yet some glitches, but it's better than nothing. Not good enough to release it "officially", but of course if any Mac user with the same problem wants it, I will share.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: