Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 09:05:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CC no longer showing up in game.  (Read 2741 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2007, 05:14:41 pm »

Ok, a small problem that ive just noticed. About 2 days ago i used the tutorial to get rid of the annoying movie that comes up when you start the game, and ever since then none of the custom content i download is showing up in game. Everything i downloaded before that point is still there, but nothing afterwards. Now i dont know whether its related but thats the only thing ive done to my game in quite some time, no new hacks etc.

Am i just imagining thats the reason for the problem and it isnt related to that at all, or has it really done something to my game?

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 05:31:32 pm »

the movie loading should not affect your custom content - most likely this was just a coincidence.

You don't mention what EPs or Stuff Packs you have installed, if you will mention them I will try to suggest a means to restore the CC in your game.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 05:34:17 pm »

I have everything but the Happy holiday stuff pack. Like i said before, all other custom content is working fine, its just the new stuff. Although clothes is all ive tried so far.

Come check out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Treehouse![/COLOR] A brand new Sims 2 site!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 07:58:21 pm »

Then what I would like you do do it move all of your downloads to a safe location - like the desktop or maybe a new folder at C:\z

then run the game one time - turn off the custom content

then run the game another time - turn on the custom content

exit the game and restore your downloads folder

then delete the two .cache files and all the thumbnails

now run the game again and see if things display as they should.

if this still does not work the trick, if you can tell post a sample of the items that are not displaying, I will take a look at them and see if they are messed up or have a conflicting number.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
The Mule

Beast of Burden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 08:02:21 pm »

Excuse me...not meaning to hijack the thread, but you mentioned the thumbnails...it's OK to get rid of them?? I know they dont take up alot of space, but I have millions of them and I would like to get rid of them.

Yes...its the same Mule as before
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:15:56 pm »

Yeps - it is easy and safe - just delete the .package files from the Thumbnails folder - the game will regenerate them anyway - but this way you have a clean slate and anything you have deleted won't have a thumbnail sitting in limbo forever.

The file cigen.package is the thumbnail package for BodyShop, and it can be deleted without reprecussion also.  Bothe BodyShop and the game will generate thumbnails as needed, this way you don't have bloated files full of stuff you no longer have in the downloads folder.

Often times it is desirable to delete the thumbnails files because things get out of synch and you see a thumbnail for something completely unrelated to the actual item.  Such as seeing a female Sim instead of a male sim in the pre-made sims bin.

From time to time, I delete these files and suddenly things I had forgotten I had in the downloads folder re-appear, so this occasionally helps people see things they have downloaded, but for whatever reason the game doesn't properly add to the catalogue.

brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 11:52:09 pm »

Thanks Beos, i will try that now.

brooke_82

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 07:28:08 am »

It worked, thankyou so much!!!

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 07:35:57 am »

excellent news!  Glad to have been able to help Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: