Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 04:10:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crashing Upon Loading  (Read 2253 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AimingStars123

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2007, 02:40:13 am »

Hey - me again -_-" My computer just doesn't seem to love anymore! I've been trying to start up the sims like 5 times now and everytime I get to the loading screen - it crashes!! I have no idea what is causing it either! I've tried removing files I downloaded just 20 minutes ago (it was working before that) and I've tried removing hacks and it STILL[/b] crashes!! I have no idea why and it's beginning to frustrate me!! I don't want to reinstall AGAIN!!!

Any suggestions? Sad

I'm lurking... do not distrub the lurking... :smt106
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 03:38:18 am »

try removing all your custom content, including anything in the SavedSims folder

oh and you can also try deleteing the Groups.cache file from the my docs/ea games/sims 2 folder

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 03:39:49 am »

lots of things can cause a crash to the desktop - are you sure you removed all the new downloads?  all it takes is one bad file to mess things up.

Try deleting the files with .cache extensions from the user folder:

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\

This may help

edit: heh, sleepycat was on the scene faster than me.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
AimingStars123

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 05:23:26 am »

I haven't tried removing all custom content, so I'll do that now - and yes, I did delete the stupid .cache file and other things too >.<

My sim games just doesn't love me anymore T_T

Edit: Okay - my game seriously doesn't love me anymore!! *weeps* I've removed all my custom content, plus the Saved Sims folder and it still crashed!! Dangit! I don't want to reinstall again!!! T__T
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 06:02:42 am by AimingStars123 » Logged

Micco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 07:14:11 am »

Try removing your neighborhoods one at a time. It's possible one is corrupted. I screwed one of mine up with SimPe and it crashed every time I loaded the game until I replaced it with the backup.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
AimingStars123

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 11:07:29 am »

Well - thank you all. I've tried everything suggested and it STILL didn't work >.< So I went with my last resort and re-installed pets again (Open for Business worked fine O_< ) and now it seems to be working...

Thanks for the help!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: