Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 11:08:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Behold, the true evil of ATI Mobility Radeon X1300!  (Read 1476 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:31:46 pm »

:smt120   Okay.  Remember all those issues I've been having with the BSOD?  Whatever I think that the files ati3duag.dll or ati2dvag.dll causing it is probably doing this, too:

(...Sorry for the image size, I'll fix it if needed.  Sad )

And THAT's just one of the prettier shots.  I've seen this happen twice today, the first time looking similar to Rue's problem, only all of the white areas were black, and it happened inside my lots.  Unfortunately, the computer wasn't able to let me take that shot.  This happened only after I've had the game on for less than 1 hr, and for that to occur is extremely strange from my usual 3 hr playing sprees.  :?

I thought the possibility could have been that the laptop had gotten to hot, but the fan is working correctly, and it overheating would be weird since I have it right next to the air conditioner and properly ventilated...

I've already turned down my graphic settings as low as they can go in game, but it still ended up happening afterwards.  I've had it with this, and I haven't even had this laptop for a good six months yet.  Not to mention the fact that there is nothing on the AMD/ATI site that says the new upgrade is compatible with my laptop, so I'm playing it safe for now and sticking with the latest Omega Driver.  Any suggestions for video cards compatible with a Dell Inspiron E1505?  Of course, I'm going to have to do a heck of a lot of grovelling and pleading in order to get my mom to see it my way and order a new video chip.  :angel:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:35:09 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 07:49:46 pm »

Okay, this situation is getting worse:

This is what I got after directly starting the game!  And after moving the camera a bit, it turned into a black/white/red/green blocky image with the UI having random disappearing icons!  PLEASE help me in any way!  I've tried everything I could possibly think of, and it's really turning me from playing the game at all... Sad

Once again here are my graphic/hardware specs:

System:
     Microsoft Windows XP
     Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
     Version 2002
     Service Pack 2

Dell Inspiron 16400
Genuine Intel® CPU
T2050 @ 1.60GHz
1.60 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Video Chip:  ATI Radeon X1300 (Omega 3.8.291)
DAC Type:  Internal DAC (400MHz)
Memory Size: 256 MB
BIOS:  Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A12

...and my DXDiag is attatched.  Is there anything wrong with these?  I know my RAM size is a little small, but I'm expecting to get an external hardrive within the next month.  I've also had the alternate driver for only a few months, and it's worked without so much as a hitch until now... Sad

* DxDiag.txt (54.46 KB - downloaded 200 times.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 08:12:49 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: