Insimenator.org
May 15, 2024, 01:08:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool indoors?  (Read 1460 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Joefish

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2007, 06:02:14 pm »

Is there any way to place a pool indoors/not on terrain??
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 06:31:56 pm »

What I do, is build my house without a foundation, just walls, then, before I place the flooring, I decide where I want the pool to go and then design it and place the flooring around the pool.  Then simply add my roof, inside walls, paint and decorate.

...enjoying the game.
Jay61

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 12:33:53 am »

Joefish--

I think what you're asking is for a pool not on the ground floor.  Yes, it is possible but it ain't easy.  MTS2 has a number of tutorials using a variety of methods to try to accomplish this feat.  Basically the method I've found that works best is to build a stage then build a wall around the edge of it.  This will put the swimming area on the second level.  You'll need to find some pool surface tile at MTS2 as well and download them.  They go on the upper surface of the pool (2nd floor so to speak).  Your Sims won't use the pool properly however unless they enter the water from a "flattened" second floor which is no small task to build and is much too complicated for me to cover here.  Again, MTS2 has tutorials on how to do that too.  Anyway, once you've created a level 4 "clicks" above your pool surface along one or more edges of your pool, build decks, steps, diving board, pool ladder all from that level and that level only (you may need the "moveobjects on" cheat for the board).  Also, you'll need some kind of low trim "fence" along the edge of the water (on the lower level) or the Sims will stroll right across it, "walking on water" so to speak.  Using this method it's also possible to put windows or even entire glass walls around the pool so as to be able to see your Sims swimming from below.

I've really made a long story short and I don't really expect you to do this without the tutorials, but at least you have some idea what's involved and which tutorials to look at (because there are several approaches).  Some methods are simpler than this BTW.

Hope this helps--

Jay61
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: