Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 02:56:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Blue Screen of Death! Broken Again (3.09.07)  (Read 9503 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2007, 01:07:54 am »

EPS: PETS, UNI, NL (And all Stuff Packs)
Problem: I always get that Blue Screen (the 'Problem Screen') wheneverI enter a lot

Story: As you know, I am in the Superhero contest, and I tried to enter the lot to TAKE the pictures for my Round 1. I enter, and it looks okay, then after 2 seconds (or if I MOVE the mouse) that 'Problem Screen' appears (the blue one) and it takes like 10 minutes to get back to the regular screen, and then it happens again. And so on. And so on. And so on. And so on, and so on, AND SO ON!! *pulls hair out* AAAAAAAARGH!

What I want: A solution!!!

I tried: System Restore, and I will re-install tomorrow if I can't get a cure, and if I can't still, I will keep trying.

It might be: A virus (*gasp*), the lot, something I downloaded
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 11:23:59 am »

Sounds to me like you overloaded the lot. Do you have a lot of mirrors, reflective surfaces and landscaping?

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 06:50:54 pm »

I just deleted the lot, and the game works now. Thanks!
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:49:23 am »

I went back into the game, and it happens, just LATER into the game. And does the blue screen, and goes back for about a minute, the blue screen, and goes back for 30 seconds, does the blue screen, and goes back for 15 seconds, and so on and so on.

Then repeats with smaller and smaller amounts of time, and after about 20 times, it's reached 1 second, and then just doesn't go back at all.

HELP!
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 01:04:40 am »

After I did the system restore, my game didn't even load, and now I un-installed, and tried to re-install, it won't even install, so be careful Frog Man.

Don't ask for updates, when Squinge updates them, you will find them here > Squinges Mods Rock!
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 01:13:56 am »

eep, I will!

Do I know you? lol
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 07:44:29 am »

You are overheating. Pull the side cover off the case, make sure the CPU fan is running and if you have to, run with an open case.

Edit: and if the CPU fan isn't turning get a new one Wink

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 08:10:13 pm »

Okay I will try!

EDIT: I just put my hand near it, and I can feel the cool air coming out of it.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 11:34:29 am »

Frog_Man - also there should be a smaller fan on the video card - this may have stopped working (they last about a year or less) - or even a build of dust on the RAM. A good blowing out with a can of comprssed air is advisable.  If you have forced air heating and cooling in your home, dust is a constant menace inside the case.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 08:58:07 pm »

Okay, I will try

Also, I just upgraded my RAM a few days ago, so it's brand new.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 10:26:04 pm »

ok - then the way they make the stuff so cheaply these days it could very likely be a bad RAM stick

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 10:34:40 am »

Hopefully not!
uncle_1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 05:06:18 pm »

hi guys, i bought a new dell and it is doing the bluescreen thing also, i just installed all sims n eps , i hope its not the computer.... fan is running ok but ot sure if dust or dog hair, will have to open it up i guess.  its great to come here and find out its not just me with these problems, i love the game, as a designer i love to build and decorate the homes, and i love boesboxboys skins too,......
uncle_1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 05:09:40 pm »

how do u know if ram stick is bad?  and if so i have had the computer about one month, it should be covered no?
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 10:30:30 pm »

I wonder this too!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: