Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 09:26:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloaded houses and cars arnt working :'(  (Read 2368 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xgreydovex

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2007, 10:57:08 am »

i have looked to see if there were already threads about this or help guides her and on MTS2...but i havent found any so either im blind or most people dont have the same problem as i do.  anyway,
none of my downloaded cars work, as in they dont show up in buy mode.  and most of the houses and lots ive downloaded dont show up in neighborhood view either...is there some kind of limit to how many houses you can have in the bin at one time?
it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help...and the answer is probably something so simple too >.< argh

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 12:03:20 pm »

Most of these type of down loads come in sims2 packs. At the least they are zipped or rared into compressed file format. In the case of compressed files they need to be extracted to your Downloads folder, yes it needs the capital D, sims2 packs are installed by double clicking the icon. I would recommend having sims 2 clean installer from mts2. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:05:29 pm by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 12:04:15 pm »

Do you have Nightlife and do you have custom content enabled?

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:08:36 pm »

Quote from: Micco;617404
Do you have Nightlife and do you have custom content enabled?

I keep forgetting the old rule! "Never assume anything!!" Good questions Micco!  Smiley

xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 02:44:53 pm »

yeah, i have all xpansion and stuff packs, and its enabled.   and i extract all my files...but i havent checked the files downloaded from Q-xpress because they download right into your downloads folder...but doesnt it automatically extract them? i dont have to for clothes or genetics i download with Q.

Im looking for judges and prize donations for my upcoming contest Killer Instinct: The search for the next Assassin.  If you're interested or have any questions, pm me Smiley
Life is just one giant freak show, so just buy a ticket and enjoy the ride...:happy8:
click here to check out my new series, Madhouse! it would be much appreciated Cheesy
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 03:09:28 pm »

I really can't say for sure about Q-express. I have it, and have used it a time or two, but it doesn't work well for me as I keep a copy of the compressed file for emergencies. I never used it on a sim or a house\lot.

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 03:58:38 pm »

...are you sure you also have the appropriate meshes for the houses you've downloaded? A lot of times custom content is used in house-building, including custom cars, but aren't included with the lot itself. This can lead to things not showing up as they should unless you have the meshes.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
xgreydovex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 10:08:52 am »

im pretty sure i have all the meshes for most of them, but none of them are showing up...
and i think i might start doing the same thing billyd...it just takes so long to download all the individual files..argh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: