Insimenator.org
May 21, 2024, 12:16:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaders..  (Read 1209 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tomkat

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2007, 02:06:21 am »

As everyone with a Nvidia graphics card probably know by now there are some issues with shaders in the game, resulting in fish-less fishtanks, fish-less ponds and the inablity to see through snow (when mousing over with the cursor)..
(I know the fish are technically there but whats the point if you can't see them?)

Id love to know if there is a graphics update/patch available for our graphics cards that fix this?  
At the moment you have to use the "boolprop useshaders true" code..one of my many peeves... using that code slows the game down to an unplayable level...so whats the point??

And by the way: what did EA/Maxis do to "kill" the fish?  It always worked fine, right through Uni & Nightlife.  Im pretty sure OFB or FFS were the first EPs to have this problem.

Is everyone else just living with this, not annoyed by it, or does anyone have some advice/possible fix?

thanks so much for reading!! Wink
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 11:04:04 am »

It doesn't slow me down any (I have mirrors for that) but it does occasionally cause the pool to become unsightly at night so put me in with those who are just living with it.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: