Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 07:31:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There is a tree in the middle of my sim's kitchen  (Read 2006 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sliimshaydi
« on: March 12, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »

after i installed seasons i started playing one of my already made families and noticed they had a huge tree right in the middle of their kitchen. not only that but trees were all over the street and in the pool. i turned neighbors off and the trees went away, but i want neighbors to be on and i want the tree to go away. if anyone knows how to solve this, please help.

oh yeah, when i picked up a lot to move it, the trees moved with it. and when i turned of decorations it made no difference. i really dont want to have to turn neighbors off because it's essential to me to keep them on.

thanks
gualsim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 09:52:38 pm »

The same happend to me yesterday when my neighborhood change to autumn, 3 trees appeared in the middle of the street and I was going to ask about it too.:dontknow:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 12:43:23 am »

there seems to be a bit of a bug in the neighbourhood items if you have them visible in the lot.  When the season changes, they appear if you plopped the lot down on top of some neighbourhood decor.  The way to correct this is to move the lot, delete the decor, then replace the lot.  It should no longer show up.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
whitefire26

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 02:28:23 pm »

remove the family back to the bin make sure its only the family thats moved  not the whole house  after the family is moved back to the bin  then remove the house by deleteing it  once done place a new lot out move your family back into the new lot  ( however this also means u will have to re build your house again )  make sure thou that if there are any neighbourhood items around where u are putting the new lot u remove them before u place the new lot                 not 100% if that will help  whitefire26
Knukleur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 09:55:01 am »

Some threads at the EA BBS suggest this is a problem with the Japanese Maples; it was the culprit on my lots that had this problem. The problem even occurs if you try to place some of the pre-made Nightlife houses (the snug little lots with the driveways) on a neighborhood area that has no decorations; you can see little trees being placed well outside the lots' boundaries.  If your neighboring lots have maples try deleting those particular trees, maybe substitute another tree as a place-holder in case you want to remember where to replace the maple trees if/when a fix is discovered, or in case this work-around turns out not to work for you.  I'm still experimenting with maples; I put a few on a hill I made in the center of a large community park and those haven't seemed to wander yet.  Maybe the problem only occurs on flat lots?

"I'm not animated to do that!"
   Brak, Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: