Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 06:50:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I download custom content?  (Read 1735 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Searches_hacks

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2007, 01:46:45 pm »

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DOWNLOAD JUST CLOTHES OR HAIR MESH AND STUFF SO YOU DONT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A WHOLE SIM!!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Opinions are like buttholes.Everyone has one but no one wants to hear about anyone elses.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 02:26:08 pm »

first of all - please no caps lock.  It gives the impression you are screaming, which may be your intention, but is rather jarring to readers.

second - there is no way to download "just" particular items unless the person posting the Sim is kind enough to list the locations of all the custom content in a shopping list via the credits.

if no shopping list, you next best hope is to use Sims2Pack Clean Installer (there is NO mac version) - see the Sims2Pack Clean Installer for instructions on its use: http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Searches_hacks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 03:51:29 pm »

thnx beosbox(srry bout the caps)

i actually wanted to know,like you know how they have different forums on insim and how u can go to sim hunks. i wanted to know like if you go to hair or clothing and stff like that how do you download THAT stuff.

Opinions are like buttholes.Everyone has one but no one wants to hear about anyone elses.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 08:02:23 pm »

Maybe this will help you here

I hope this is what you were asking about:
When you want to download an item such as hair, clothing etc. you click on the link and save it to your desktop.
You then use a program, such as winRAR, to open the file, by double clicking on it.
Once opened you will click on extract

Then a window will open asking where you want the file to go. You will want to extract it to your My documents/EA Games/Sims2/Downloads folder

click on Downloads to highlight it

then click ok  and you are done. Happy downloading!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 01:05:10 am by trl » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: