Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 06:05:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fatal Sims 2 Glitch! (Involves OFB)  (Read 2856 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nightywolf

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2007, 03:35:26 pm »

I have a screenie of this fatal glitch, just look at the inventory!  Theres an invisible item in there that came up after his inventory got vast.  Everytime I click on it the game crashes, making in virtually impossible to delete.  It's very frustrating because even if you click on it on accident the game crashes!  Does anyone else ever have this problem?  If so, is there a fix for this?  I've had this problem for a long time with this sim, but I only now rediscovered the problem when I opened the lot back up with this sim with the glitchy item.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:27:14 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

"Gimme Da bannana, or Gimme Da bird!  YOU DECIDE!"
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 04:32:28 pm »

Can you make this a .JPG file?
LORD III

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 04:44:11 pm »

JA .....PUT THE DOGS ON HIM OR I WILL SEND THE RIPPER.......
NO SORRY TRY TO SKIP IT:chainsaw:
Nightywolf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 06:33:37 pm »

Perhaps There is some mod out there that can safely clear a sims inventory, thus deleting the glitchy object safely...any thoughts?

Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 08:44:02 pm »

Quote from: LORD III;650850
JA .....PUT THE DOGS ON HIM OR I WILL SEND THE RIPPER.......
NO SORRY TRY TO SKIP IT:chainsaw:

I'm not gonna ask what you are talking about, except 'll ay that you need to turn off Cap Lock.

I don't know of any mod that can do this, as there wouldn't be much use for it, except for you.

Sorry

Is it in ALL sims inventory?
SkeleBear

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 01:00:09 am »

There is a program that you can find HERE called the "Hack Conflict Detection Utility" which may help. You can find it under "Sims 2 --->Programs". It's possible that you have something in your Downloads folder that is conflicting with something in OFB and creating a fatal error.

Marhis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 02:51:19 am »

I don't think there's some specific tool for that, but it might be a corrupted object in inventory. You may try to move Downloads folder somewhere, then open the game and see if that blank slot yet exists, then save, quit, move again Downloads in place, restart the game and see if it's gone.

If this fails, a solution may be deleting that "thing" in SimPE.
Nightywolf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 05:50:11 pm »

I'm unsure of it being triggered by mods.  This happened back when at a time when I had almost no mods in my game (or none) and the object appeared after my buisiness owner had literally 100+,200+,300+ or more hundred craftable items in his inventory.  After this, the ghost item (hover over it and it says "Doll House") appears randomly as replacing the original item to be placed in the inventory.  I'm convinced that it's a glitch, and that's because it happened at least twice to me, but only when his inventory got huge.  I'm not sure if anyone can help me but the seasons EP may have fixed this (if it was a glitch) by altering the way that inventory items are displayed, so this glitch doesn't occur anymore.

Corinne

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 09:07:17 pm »

Try moving your Downloads & SavedSims folders to your desktop, and run the game without any CC. Also, you may want to try deleting your thumbnails in the My Documents > Ea Games > The Sims 2 > Thumbnails folder, and the groups.cache file in the Sims 2 main folder. Then run the game. If the ghost item is still there, it may be a corrupt game file. But really, I've never had any of my sims have an inventory of over 100 items, it could very well be a glitch. Have you reinstalled your game since this has happened? And did you patch the base game and all the EPs?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: