Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 10:37:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Flashing Snow?! Augh!!  (Read 4544 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:06:36 pm »

Graphics Card:  ATI Mobility Radeon X1300
DirectX:  V 9.0c (2/2/07)

The driver has been updated, and it's one of the listed compatible cards for Seasons... so why, oh WHY the heck is this happening?!  :cry:  Help is greatly appreciated right about now!

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:25:59 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Envy_

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 05:09:01 pm »

Do you have any hacks / mods installed ?
SlayerAngel90

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 05:39:27 pm »

If so, did you update them? You could also have the weather hack which will do it me thinks.

Save an artist... join the Animal Army.

New MSN: SlayerAngel90@gmail.com Add me if you'd like Smiley

Save the Pandas
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 05:47:22 pm »

Tenchii , If you have a lighting mod take it out and replace it with the original maxis lighting and is that happening only on that lot in particular?

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 06:29:54 pm »

I don't think it's your graphics card. Usually red flashing is indicitive of a problem with the card. Blue usually means something in your game isn't working properly. I would do what has been suggest above, remove any weather/lighting related hacks and see if that helps, and make sure what hacks/mods you do have are updated for the Seasons ep.

Is this a lot you made yourself or downloaded? If you downloaded it the best thing to do is run through clean installer first to see if any mods snuck it with the download. That can happen quite often surprisingly, without the creator being aware of it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:09:00 pm »

All of the pics are of lots that I have made.  I don't have any weather related hacks as of now, so I don't know what the heck happened.  I do, however, have spookymuffin's lighting mod, and I highly doubt that's the problem, now that I re-installed all of my Maxis lighting files and put her's back in.  I'll take my downloads folder out, start the game again, and see what happens in a little bit, just to make sure it's not any other mod causing that glitch.  Thanks for the quick replies, everyone!  :angel:

DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 09:22:16 pm »

Quote from: TenshiiAkari12;657386
 I do, however, have spookymuffin's lighting mod, and I highly doubt that's the problem, now that I re-installed all of my Maxis lighting files and put her's back in.

Bingo! My dear there is your problem, I installed Spookymuffin's lighting system and it made all of my neighborhood turn blue. Her mod works but do not install it again, leave the maxis lighting as is, it is not compatible with Season's.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 02:22:04 am by DecoraChroi » Logged

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 10:28:50 pm »

Sad  Fiddlesticks... I had just got my photobooth to work with that mod, too...  oh well...  

Thanks for the tip, Decora!  :angel:

Innocent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 01:24:19 am »

Umm actually I asked Spooky about her lighting mod and she said that it IS compatible with Seasons.

I ate a babeh.
I log in once a year and I don't remember putting THAT ^ as my signature.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 01:46:10 am »

Quote from: Innocent;657649
Umm actually I asked Spooky about her lighting mod and she said that it IS compatible with Seasons.

I guess it's for working for other people Dora and maybe depending on their video card. Once I installed it, it turned my whole neighborhood flashing blue. I backed it up with her default and everything was back to normal. I may have had some other confliction due to my problem, I'll never know. Although, Im not positive as to what is making that single lot look that way.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 02:24:14 am by DecoraChroi » Logged

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 07:28:23 am »

Well, it really wasn't her mod...  my snow is still flashing blue.  And removing my downloads folder also proved useless.  Any other tips?  :dontknow:

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 02:35:15 pm »

Have you got any custom content installed? Namely terrain paint (the most common culprit I believe) or maybe other things like flooring etc. may be to blame - I know Jenna said some CC doesn't agree with Seasons for some reason.

NB: I'm not necessarily talking about the Downloads folder either, there may be something in SavedSims?

No requests please
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 01:59:41 pm »

Well, I've gotten rid of most of my snow terrain paints, and I think that had solved it.  The only problem now is that my game just died.  :bawl:  Opening Bodyshop just leads to it shutting down with errors, and an empty "red 'x'" error box pops up when I try to run the actual game.  I would un-install it, but what makes things worse is I don't have the second CD to do a re-install of the game right now... crap...  

Thank you, everyone for your help.  I really appreciate it!  :angel:

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 05:41:56 pm »

Seems I was wrong about the terrain paint AND the Downloads folder not affecting anything... :x  Still digging through my Downloads for the problem...

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 07:37:06 pm »

Sorry for the triple post.  The problem is solved, and the thread can now be locked.  :angel:

SOLUTION: Removed Targa's Pond Water mod.  (for some reason, it ended up somewhere outside of my downloads folder, and still affected the game in a weird sort of way.  :shock:)

Thank you everyone for your help!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: