Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 06:15:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sudden Restarts  (Read 3430 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:04:58 pm »

I am having another problem with Seasons (*le gasp!*), and it started a while ago.

What happened was I turned useshaders cheat on, and when my sims went fishing, my computer RESTARTED.

So I go in game, and DON'T turn the cheat on, it restarts when my sims start having water balloon fights. I doubt it is the options they do, but I am wondering why my computer suddenly restarts without FREEZING, an ERROR MESSAGE, etc.

The 'blue screen' doesn't show up, it just restarts without warning.

Help please?

Thanks in advance!
Innocent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 01:21:30 am »

I'm wondering if it might be some kind of issue with the power supply or your graphics card needing a new driver installed?

I ate a babeh.
I log in once a year and I don't remember putting THAT ^ as my signature.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 01:23:45 am »

I had a similar problem when I first installed Seasons.  I switched video cards and it's worked fine since.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 03:25:56 am »

I'll try the driver update first, lol thanks
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 06:57:45 am »

Such an issue is usually caused by a hardware failure somewhere in the system. Could be something as simple as a loose or defective cable, could be a bad RAM stick, vid card, hard drive or motherboard.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 02:52:52 pm »

I'll check
Fuzzystar1
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 09:59:19 am »

Do u have te sims2 inteenimater?
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 08:36:12 am »

The InTeenimater has nothing to do with this.  Jesus Christ, you people will blame ANYTHING on InTeen no matter how moronic *shakes head*.  Help! Help! My panties are soiled!  It must be InTeen!!!

Anyway, to the topic at hand: an OS reset/reboot/lockup is caused by a fault in the operating system, hardware device, or a low-level driver.  The correlation between the enabling of shaders does indeed spoint to the video card or the driver (hopefully the latter, because that's cheap and easy to fix).  Hardware shaders are "relatively" new technology and only the newer cards really support them well, so if you have a video card that is older than 3 - 4 years and/or is something other than an nVidia or ATI (the mainstream manufacturers), you might have problems.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:44:52 am by jase439 » Logged

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 04:10:10 pm »

I had the same problem. Lack of RAM + new video card needed. Iteem has nothing to do with that, please!!

I used to be Nyxie
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 04:21:07 pm »

I had that and it was because my graphics card was on its last legs, and also i had faulty RAM, once i had bought new stuff my computer worked fine.

Char
xxx

Sir.Cheatalot
Endangered Species

Endangered Species

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 09:29:04 am »

It also can be caused by your system getting to warm, so check the temperature in your BIOS of your Ram and CPU your system might be getting to warm and will shut down or restart.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: