Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 11:17:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About to get Nightlife..  (Read 1233 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jegembre

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2007, 10:09:04 pm »

Ok, so i will be getting the nightlife expansion, after comparing every single one, it seems to me that nightlife is most worth it, so i will get it.

But i am wondering a few things. (some about nightlife, and some not)

1: i got tons of mods installed, and some hacks, should i uninstall (delete the whole download folder) and reinstall everything AFTER i install nightlife?

2: Ok, i notice with just sims 2, i have an option to make a community lot, what is that for if i have no expansions yet exactly?

3: How well do general mods work with nightlife? like say the bodybuilder stuff, hair styles, skintones, house objects, etc.

4: While looking at a tutorial on how to build something once, i noticed in the persons buildmode list that they had a few extra things, mainly more sets of stairs, and this other thing in the foundation section, not sure, but i think i saw it used once to make an indoor pool, it's like a normal foundation, except it is placed ontop of a foundation, to make something like a platform in a house? how do you get these things? an expansion?

5: last question, after i install nightlife, when i want to play how does it work? do i load up the nightlife cd/dvd instead of the sims2 one and play with that, meaning using the nightlife cd/dvd to play sims 2 + nightlife?

sorry for all the questions, but they have been driving me nuts for a while, i'd like answers to all 5 if possible Cheesy
JayAngel
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 12:21:55 pm »

1: i got tons of mods installed, and some hacks, should i uninstall (delete the whole download folder) and reinstall everything AFTER i install nightlife?

Move your downloads folder to your desktop until after you have installed your new EP.  You can then gradually move your downloads back in with the exception of Hacks and Custom Careers.  You will need to get updated Hacks to suit your new expansion.

2: Ok, i notice with just sims 2, i have an option to make a community lot, what is that for if i have no expansions yet exactly?

You can make a shop where your sim can buy clothes, food, computer games

3: How well do general mods work with nightlife? like say the bodybuilder stuff, hair styles, skintones, house objects, etc.

All of those things usually work fine with Nightlife unless their creator tells  you otherwise - check back with the creator's original thread.

4: While looking at a tutorial on how to build something once, i noticed in the persons buildmode list that they had a few extra things, mainly more sets of stairs, and this other thing in the foundation section, not sure, but i think i saw it used once to make an indoor pool, it's like a normal foundation, except it is placed ontop of a foundation, to make something like a platform in a house? how do you get these things? an expansion?

You can download custom stairs from various sites, for example Sunni Sims here  I think the platform you're talking about comes with the Open for Business EP but I'm ready to be told I'm wrong Cheesy

5: last question, after i install nightlife, when i want to play how does it work? do i load up the nightlife cd/dvd instead of the sims2 one and play with that, meaning using the nightlife cd/dvd to play sims 2 + nightlife?

You use the new Nightlife CD to play Sims 2 + Nightlife

VISIT ME HERE AT INSIMENATOR: JAY'S HOME FOR FALLEN ANGELS
OR HERE AT MY SITE: AFTER MIDNIGHT SIMS 2
Whether angels or devils pursue me
In the dark I cannot tell...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: