Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 09:52:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So Not Funny  (Read 2287 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AirStriker

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2007, 03:04:22 pm »

ok, firstly this is not a joke... no matter how stupidly ironic it sounds... i just got the new celebration stuff stuff pack and when im loading the game up, at the part where that writing scrolls accross the bottom when it comes to the part saying 'Crash proofing parties' the Game litterally crash's i get a pop up box saying 'this application has crashed and will now terminate'

any suggestions on the problem or if this is a known issue at all?
Envy_

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »

That sounds really ironic indeed - LOL!
Uhh, When I've got problem like that, I usually just delete all the latest things I've downloaded and try again, Or you can use the Hack Conflicter to search if there are any conflicts between some hacks you're using.
AirStriker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 05:38:21 pm »

im just glad that after the last time somthing like this happened to me, i started making folders for each days worth of downloads so i dont need to search for the ones i downloaded today...

unfortunatly nothing i downloaded was a hack, just lots of mesh's and recolours
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 05:48:03 pm »

You know I think I say this so much I need to put it on a t-shirt lol. Before installing any ep or stuff pack, it's a very, very good idea to back your game up and then pull the downloads folder right out of your game. After you've installed the new ep/stuff pack and have made sure it works, then reintroduce your downloads, saving the hacks for when you know they're compatible.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 05:49:18 pm »

Quote from: Aegit;690233
That sounds really ironic indeed - LOL!
Uhh, When I've got problem like that, I usually just delete all the latest things I've downloaded and try again, Or you can use the Hack Conflicter to search if there are any conflicts between some hacks you're using.

What is hack conflicter??

AirStriker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 06:04:33 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;690369
You know I think I say this so much I need to put it on a t-shirt lol. Before installing any ep or stuff pack, it's a very, very good idea to back your game up and then pull the downloads folder right out of your game. After you've installed the new ep/stuff pack and have made sure it works, then reintroduce your downloads, saving the hacks for when you know they're compatible.

I realized after i posted it wasnt to do with the new stuff id just installed, to be honest im fully sure why i posted that.  See i installed the stuff packs first and it worked.  then i started downloaded mesh's thats when it stopped.

But our right i should of backed up my files first, didnt think of that with the stuff packs, i would of with the ep's.

Um the hack confliicer is a programme you can download, it scans your download folder for any conflicting files and then tells you they are conflicting.  good way of finding out any bugs with hacks, but it was mesh's i downloaded.  Oh well its working again now.  just got to check each time i download some stuff each time.

prolly better to do it this way anyway.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 09:07:41 am »

Quote from: AirStriker;690354
im just glad that after the last time somthing like this happened to me, i started making folders for each days worth of downloads so i dont need to search for the ones i downloaded today...

unfortunatly nothing i downloaded was a hack, just lots of mesh's and recolours

Most crashes that occur while loading the game are caused by meshes, not mods.  Isolating the most recent downloads will save you so much time in trying to find those one or two meshes that are messing with your game.  Good luck finding them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: