Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 09:25:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Have THey Gone? [[Download Issues]]  (Read 1623 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
RetroDISKOBall

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:27:42 pm »

I download doors, and household porducts -- and put it in my 'LotCatalog' folder. Then, I download clothes + accessories in the 'Downloads' folder, and yet sometimes they just don't come out. But usually the furniture doesn't. I know they're downloaded, they're located in my Sims 2 Clean Installer Thingy. Is there anyway to fix the fault? Is a patch needed? Thanks! xx

Love thine EGO as thyself. Because that is what it is.
The body of a woman is neither ugly nor shameful, but the one ecstasy granted to the race of men.
:female:
RetroDISKOBall

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:18:09 pm »

I recently found out, about deleting the Downloads folder and reapplying them to a new Downloads folder. But how so, if I'm not allowed to have two folders with the same name? Please Help! I want my custom content back.

xx Katèrina

The body of a woman is neither ugly nor shameful, but the one ecstasy granted to the race of men.
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 02:52:29 pm »

put the furniture/doors/household products that you downloaded into your Download folder.  You can keep things organized (highly suggested) by creating subfolders within your Download folder.

As for the Bodyshop items, they go in the download folder as well.  

Also make sure that you have custom content enabled in your game settings.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
RetroDISKOBall

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 11:03:16 am »

Thank you graciously for your help! But do pretell, how do you create subfolders?

Also, how do I copy the LOTCATALOG items into my DOWNLOADS folder?

THank you =D

xx

megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 12:44:53 pm »

You're welcome.

I am assuming that you are using a Windows based PC, is this correct?

If you know how to create folders, then you know how to create subfolders.
A subfolder is a folder inside of another folder.
Right click inside your download folder- when the menu pops up, go to new>folder.  Voila!  You now have a subfolder.  Name it what you want.

As far as copying items out of your LotCatalog folder- as far as I know, the only things that belong in there are items prefixed with cx_ for example:
cx_Character_cx_00000017_11f1177b.package
cx_00000048.package

So any items that have cx_ at the beginning of their name need to stay inside of the LotCatalog folder.  Select and cut your downloaded files out of there and paste them into your Downloads folder or the appropriate Downloads subfolder that you created.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: