Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 06:20:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something funky happens when my Sim pleads for life!  (Read 2266 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DRCEQ

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2007, 12:11:14 pm »

I can no longer plead for a sim's life!

I tried using InSIM's Mortality Adjuster to satisfy a Knowledge Sim's Be Saved From Death want. I had him commit suicide (via a lightning strike), then the Grim Reaper came to collect him, and I ordered his sister to plead for his life. After she did, the brother disappeared and the sister and Grim Reaper snapped into a standing position and everything froze!

I have no idea what could have caused this. I removed all my hacks except for InSim and Inteen and tried again (because I had DL'd new ones recently). The game still freezes after a sim pleads for life so it couldn't be a hack conflict (and I won't blame InSIM or InTeen because pleading for a sim's life had worked previously when they were installed).

What could be causing this? I have all the EPs. Help!
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 02:08:13 pm »

I also had a problem but in my case, I think a hack I have may have caused it.  I had to use insim to restore the deceased to the family.  I didn't try to kill my sim off he hopped into a fire but I don't think that would make a difference.  It seemed to be a problem with the process of pleading with the grim reaper.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 02:10:14 pm by tylersada » Logged

Sims Mommy
DRCEQ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 06:52:06 pm »

Well I removed my entire Downloads folder with InSIM and my SavedSims folder and tried again. This time it worked. o_O I'm confused. If a hack isn't causing the problem then it has to be another download like clothes or a house and I thought those downloads were safe. Terrific. :\
tophatdan

iam a superhero in real life...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 08:43:15 pm »

hm, got to be some hacked content doing it, clothes and houses are safe fa as i know, but sometimes objects cause stuff like that

i cut the non sticky personal ads out of newspapers and burn then for inspiration
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 09:16:38 pm »

Clothes and Hair are not always safe, and sometimes lots come with hacks if you use Clean installer you can remove them before you Install it. I have had a shirt crash my game before. Best thing to do is name a folder testing, put it on your desktop and Move all downloads into it, then move a few at a time back into your game and test in between. If no problem that group is safe. Go on until one messes it up, remove that group to another folder and keep going, then weed out the problem from the other folder on thing at a time. It is time consuming but it works usually.

Don't ask for updates, when Squinge updates them, you will find them here > Squinges Mods Rock!
tophatdan

iam a superhero in real life...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 10:40:02 pm »

i can see the lots thing but how can clothes be bad?

i cut the non sticky personal ads out of newspapers and burn then for inspiration
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 10:31:22 am »

Quote from: tophatdan;708250
i can see the lots thing but how can clothes be bad?

a corrupted file of any type, even clothing can cause the game to crash. I start my game and do a lot of exploring everytime I download because I have had to pull all of my downloads for that day due to a corrupted download.

Sims Mommy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: