Insimenator.org
May 11, 2024, 05:31:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Too Many Boy Babies...  (Read 6294 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sein

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:55:32 pm »

Just a quick Q which I'm sure someone has asked before...

everytime I have a child now-a-days, it seems as though they are ALWAYS male! I've tried exiting the house and redoing the birth to get a girl and I've also had the father initiating the wohoo (in case it is chosen that way, which it probably isn't)

I'm wondering if there is hack interference or if this is just natural. I'm so tired of boys!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more" - Henry David Thoreau

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 10:01:14 pm »

Gender of the child is determined at birth by the game.  I can't say if it's random or if there's some logic the game uses to determine the gender.  But I know it's not possible for any mod to influence it.
Sein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 06:08:27 am »

ok, thanks. I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case.

"There is no remedy for love but to love more" - Henry David Thoreau

wyntersdarkness

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 06:08:18 pm »

Most of my sims babies are boys too. I hate that!!! Sad

.:Embrace the pain behind my lips:.
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 06:16:35 pm »

I seem to have runs of all boys, then my game will decide to have all girls! At the moment i have an influx of boys!

Char
xxx

jase439

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 10:51:47 am »

You can use the FFS Lot Debugger to reseed the random number generator.  This has shown to help the "genetic ruts" that the game seems prone to.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
wyntersdarkness

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 11:39:37 am »

I'll give it a try.

.:Embrace the pain behind my lips:.
Pendu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 04:05:47 am »

I have the same problem! Or is it the seasons inteen? Because it didn't happen before! Mij 7 boys (!!!!) Are having kids now, and they all get girls. So seven sons, and fourteen girl grandchildren! So annoying...
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 12:04:11 pm »

The easiest way around that is to save your lot just before the sim gives birth and reload it until you get the gender you want.
Diva1108

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 05:43:11 am »

Ya but thats annoying lol. Anytime Don Lothario gets a female pregnant in my game its always boys. Does anyone get a lot of twins in their game? Because I do and I dont make my females exercise or eat spaghetti, cookies, or cheesake during ther pregnancy. I have loads of twins and they are ALWAYS boy and girl. I dont have any hacks that would cause this either
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 08:03:15 am »

Sure, it's annoying, Diva, but it's the only way around the problem if you want to guarantee yourself a girl or a boy. In all honesty, I've never had to save and re-enter the lot more than twice to get the gender I want.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 10:33:53 am »

Twins are random.  Though supposedly, twins have a better chance of having twins.

You could check the pregnancy status with the Insim reproductive adjuster and if the sim is expecting twins, you can change it to a single one instead.

BTW, exercise, cookies and spaghetti are all myths, it does not raise the chances of twins at all.  The sure thing affecting sims to get twins is cheesecake or if you manually do the twin cheat available for people that have OFB and up.
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 06:28:32 pm »

The thing i have found with my sims is that if they try for a baby and are unsuccessful several times, then when they do eventually get pregnant they have twins, my twins are mostly boy/girl twins.

Char
xxx

FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 11:05:52 pm »

i heard somewhere it is because u already have too many girls in lot or neiborhood, i forget which. Not sure if it is true.

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
In 2008 make your vote count. Vote Ron Paul.
HOPE For America.  myspace-ronpaul
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 06:10:49 am »

I've had a similar event happen.  I was trying to get another sims family of mine to have a girl... saved the game and everything just in case, but no matter how many times I exited and re-entered the lot, the baby always came out a boy.  I counted... I did that a total of 24 times before I just gave up, aborted the pregnancy, used the InSIMenator to get my sim mom pregnant again, and sped up the pregnancy.  On the first try I ended up with a girl... :shock:  Don't know if the new Seasons patches had anything to do with the sudden change, but that has never happened to me before until now.  :?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: