Insimenator.org
May 15, 2024, 03:58:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem With Snow  (Read 2655 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BMK

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2007, 01:38:51 pm »

I have a problem in my Seasons game with snow...

When ever it snows the snow never piles up on objects outside. I have tried everything, and I just cant get snow to pile up on anything, fences, tables, trees... nothing!! The snow only covers the ground. Anyone have an answer to this?

Thanks so much,
BMK
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 09:36:09 pm »

There is an option for that I think in the graphic setting, if it is blur or grey out it is because either you need to update your drivers, or you need a new videocard that can support this new feature.

Could also be hack conflict or mods that need to be updated for the latest ep you have install.
Jude1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 07:13:31 am »

I think that the snow will only pile up on Maxis objects etc so if your outside is mostly CC then you won't get the snow drifts.
BMK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 08:14:44 pm »

"There is an option for that I think in the graphic setting, if it is blur or grey out it is because either you need to update your drivers, or you need a new videocard that can support this new feature.

Could also be hack conflict or mods that need to be updated for the latest ep you have install."

The only option that I saw was for snow on the ground, and that is turned
on. Also, I dont have any hacks except for like... two. And they were both updated for seasons. I have no clue whats wrong. Sad
BMK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 08:15:25 pm »

"I think that the snow will only pile up on Maxis objects etc so if your outside is mostly CC then you won't get the snow drifts."

I thought of that too, so I put a bunch of maxis things outside.. they didnt collect snow either.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 08:07:40 pm »

Not true, I have plenty of cc stuff outside and the snow do pile up on them.

Did you try to update your video driver like I suggested?
BMK

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 10:18:34 pm »

"Did you try to update your video driver like I suggested?"

Okay I am NOT at ALL good with computers. Does that have to do with buying new parts or anything? Because if it does then I cant. Dad won't let me...
Ill just have to live with snow-less stuff.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 10:23:21 pm »

No, it doesn't have anything to do with loosing cash.  :angel:  Have to do is download the driver updates from the main site of the video card's manufacturer.   All you have to do is open your Device manager*, maximize the display adapters option, right click on the display adapter you have installed and click on "Update Driver."  You can follow the instructions from there.  (Depending on what you choose, you may have to connect to the internet.)  Hope this helps!  :angel:

(*Go to Control Panel --> System, then choose the "Hardware" tab and click the "Device Manager" button.)

Lady Paua
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 12:24:42 pm »

Hello... My nane is Paula,
I have a Problem when it's snowing, the snow never goes... why? It appears in winter and never dissapears...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 01:54:17 pm »

Quote from: Lady Paua;740495
Hello... My nane is Paula,
I have a Problem when it's snowing, the snow never goes... why? It appears in winter and never dissapears...

Some times the Sims even experience long cold winters.  It's not uncommon for snow and cold to stay into the spring, just as in real life.  It's even possible for it to snow in the summer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: