Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 01:04:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshow is S-L-O-W!!!  (Read 2176 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2007, 10:03:26 pm »

It takes forever to load up! I have a lot of files in my projects folder. Can these be moved so they will still show up in my game, but will speed BS up? Also, what is the difference between the .packages in the Projects folder and the Saved Sims folder? The .package that you upload it the one in the Saved Sims folder, right? Thank you!
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 08:21:56 am »

It's probably because you've got alot of custom content. Mine takes almost five minutes, and I've got like... 4000 downloads or something.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 08:35:18 am »

Yeah, mine takes forever. Sometimes I forget that I started it by the time it shows up on my screen. Cheesy
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 08:40:55 am »

as far as I know you can't move them and still have them show up since Bodyshop is programed to only see them if they are in the projects folder.

the .package files in SavedSims are finished, the projects ones aren't and won't work.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 10:41:54 am »

So once I have completed an outfit, the .package in the saved sims folder is the one that the game will use to see it, right? So wouldn't I be able to delete the ones from the projects folder then?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 10:50:48 am »

You can delete the contents of the project files, but if you do, you won't be able to open and edit that project anymore.  If you decided you wanted to tweek the item a bit, you'd have to create a new project to do so.
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 11:13:27 am »

Ok, thank you. So maybe it'd be best to just copy all of my Project files into a diff. folder so I can speed Bodyshop up, but if I want to go back and change an outfit I can just move it back into the Projects folder.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 04:58:41 pm »

That's a way to do it, yes Smiley BUT Im unsure that if bodyshop needs the .package file in the projectsfolder to use the item ingame. If so, you need to put them in your downloads folder or something... I'd suggest making an own folder to put your own files in then (if you have ngihtlife or higher)

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
jenny_dunagan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 08:58:24 pm »

Well, I didn't touch my SavedSims folder, but I copied all the folders in my Projects folder and pasted them into a new folder on my desktop. I opened Bodyshop after doing this, and all my clothes were still there. I couldn't open them to edit them, just like ancienthighway said, but if I needed to I could just start a new project from them. So basically, Bodyshop must use the .package files that are in the Saved Sims folder.
Thank you for all the help everyone!
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 09:06:25 pm »

once you are finished a project, you no longer need the files in the project folder and they can be deleted.

Each project has a folder plus a .sktnprj file in the projects folder. I usually delete the .sktnprj files after I finish making stuff for the day, without that file Bodyshop dosen't see the folders for those projects and I can still use/re-use some of the alphas and stuff that I have customized.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: