Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 09:22:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: bodyshop help o_O  (Read 6594 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
chriskay

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2007, 11:27:47 am »

ehm,...I'm actually...err....got some problem with Bodyshop.

5 minutes ago it was still smooth. I was importing something off my folder and then suddenly it goes hang o_O for more than 5 minues
I opened up task manager, and close it from Processes tab.

I opened up back the Bodyshop and then when I clicked on "Create Parts" and clicked one of the project I want to import....and then it said that "the application has crashed. The application will now terminate" and closed by itself.

This sucks, coz I got lots of sims to do.
Is there any possible to fix this?

Without reinstalling? o_O
Coz apparently I lost my CD to a friend.

EDIT: OMG The worst thing is now that every time I use mirror to change the appearance for my sim in the game, my game crashed with the same message "the application has crashed. The application will now terminate".

This is urgent, guys! >_<
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:46:55 am by chriskay » Logged
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 12:25:12 pm »

How about you delete the groups.cache file from thefollowing location: my documents/ea games/the sims2. The game will recreate it when you load it the next time, but deleting this file really helps sometimes.

Otherwise I would remove (move to the desktop) the latest downloads or/and all that you have in Saved Sims folder ... if it doesn`t help then I don`t know...

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 12:39:21 pm »

Definitely delete the groups.cache as Dinki suggested.  But it sounds like you have one or more meshes not compatible with your EPs.  Take a look at this thread to see how to find those bad meshes.
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 12:48:08 am »

I got no problem with meshes, since during the crash time, I didn't add any downloads to my folder (and pre-crashing, everything works fine)

Alright, I'll try deleting the groups.cache. Phew! I hope this works.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 01:47:13 am »

The funny thing about meshes is they won't always crash the game, CAS or Bodyshop.  I've gone to change an outfit or hair in CAS and scrolled maybe three or four times before the crash happened.  Since I didn't always go that deep to find an outfit, it never crashed before.  The crash happened when the game tried to display the outfit or hair based on that mesh.

If you've never tried to use the hair or outfit with the bad mesh you wouldn't know it was there.  If a townie was generated with the bad mesh, you could end up with a crash every time you enter the neighborhood.
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 11:25:50 pm »

Still crashing. I've deleted groups.cache but same thing still happening. (crash during changing appearances in mirror)

What should I do now?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 11:27:53 pm »

Delete the cigen.package and if it's present, accessory.cache also.  If it's still crashing, you've got a bad mesh.
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:10:46 am »

Looks like I did.

What do you mean by bad mesh? Everything works fine and all mesh was working fine, until my Bodyshop froze and I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to close it. Then everything just went wrong. >_<
Is it because a bad mesh? Or a mesh was damaged when my bodyshop froze?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 01:20:08 am »

A bad mesh would be a mesh for an EP you don't have.  It's bad for your game.    And like I said earlier, the mesh doesn't always crash the game.  Only when it's trying to be used in some manner by the game.

Post 3 on this thread gives a link to how to isolate any and all meshes that don't work with your game.  That's the only way to find it.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 01:53:42 am »

chriskay, first stop panicking.

second, move the SavedSims folder to the desktop

try running BodyShop

if it crashes - just let it crash

Next run Sims2Pack Clean Installer or Delphy's Download Organiser and delete all duplicates and empty packages

You should now delete or move your Projects folder to the desktop

Now try again.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 05:55:24 am »

yeah, I'm quite panic about this since I got some stuffs that I have made with bodyshop that I haven't import yet. >_<

ancienthighway, the forum was password restricted. >_<
beosboxboy, I'll try your method. Hopefully it works. Thank you.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 06:26:38 am »

If you register, you'll get a password.  It's free.
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 02:25:12 am »

Umm, how do you know if it's an empty package in Sims2Pack Clean Installer?

Ah, and when my Bodyshop crashed, I noticed that some log files are generated on my The Sims 2 folder.
They are TS2BodyShop 2007.06.20 14.22.00.txt and TS2BodyShop 2007.06.20 14.22.00.mdmp.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 02:27:56 am by chriskay » Logged
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 02:31:13 am »

Chriskay, it will say "empty package",  duplicates will be highlighted in pink and hacks will be highlighted in red.  Smiley

chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 02:39:26 am »

Ok, I think I found one Empty Package (Outerwearfix_trenchcoat)
Looks like it's from MTS2, the one that enable some clothing into outerwear....other Outerwearfix were fine though.

And......does the program indicate which files are duplicate?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: