Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 12:57:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This isn't a WCIF question.  (Read 2778 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Purpledeamon13

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2007, 06:32:26 pm »

I used the base game only for awhile, because I was getting all my custom content from my brothers girlfriend, and she only has the base game. Anyway we finnaly got our internet back cause the stupid phone company finally sent us our DSL line, that's not the point, but any way, I installed the expansion pack up to OFB, and every time I tried to play the game I loaded a family and the game wouldn't work. I had hack installed, but i updated them to work with the right EP's, can anyone help me. Please?
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 07:06:10 pm »

Not sure what you mean by the game wouldn't work.  Do you mean just your custom content is not showing up?  If so, remember to check the option in the load up screen to allow custom content.  Once you select the option, exit the game and then restart it and it should recognize your custom content.  You must exit and restart before the game will recognize the custom content.  

Let us know if this is not the problem you are having. Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
Purpledeamon13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:57:18 pm »

No, i mena the time freezes and they won't move I can decorate and the custion content shows up, it just won't let me play my family, i got to the point where i just uninstalled the games and everything, and reinstalled them, and it still didn't work.
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 08:22:31 pm »

Do you still have that problem when you remove all of your downloads?  This can help to determine if this could be a problem with the game/hardware, or if it could be a problem with a custom content/hack.

If you remove all items from your downloads folder, (just cut the whole folder and paste to desktop for safe keeping) and you are still having problems with the game, then it's more of a problem with your game/hardware.  If the problem stops when there's no downloads, then you have a problem file somewhere in the downloads folder.  There's a nice little tutorial at Mod the Sims2 that will help you do just that.  Here is a link to it:

Step 1:
Game Help:Game Problem

Step 2:
Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Content

Keep us updated on your progress, and maybe in the meantime someone else might pop in with a suggestion or two. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:26:37 pm by Auronette » Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
Purpledeamon13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:25:38 pm »

I'll Reload the games, later, when have time to sit down and do it, I'll keep you updated  though.
kere

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 08:32:54 pm »

How many households does this happen with?
If it is just one, try moving them out of their lot from neighbourhood screen, and into the sim bin. Then move them back in.
If it is happening with others, then I am at a loss Im sorry.
Purpledeamon13

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 08:52:44 pm »

It happened in one neighbor hood so i moved to another and it did it again, I'l reinstall later and see if it works without the custom content and if it does, I'll make sure everything is EP compatable. Thanks for the help. I'm really thankful.
 Hugs to everyone!!
Purpledeamon13

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 06:29:46 pm »

It works now, but me being me totally swrewed up my university installation and i had to uninstall everything, again, but oh well, im just happy it works!!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 07:32:33 pm »

Purpledaemon - the University EP installer is the one that invariably buggers-up on me when I do a re-install, I mention this in a lot of other posts, but didn't see your help thread until today.

I find that it is best for me to run all installs from the hard drive to avoid these setup issues.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: