Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 12:15:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims don't wear custom content clothes when growing up  (Read 5852 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
aynia

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2007, 10:58:04 am »

Since I've installed Seasons my Sims don't choose the custom content clothes in the cupboard when advancing to the next age level, they always wear Maxi clothes (that were originally not in the cupboard).

Does/did anybody else have this problem? Any solutions?
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 02:57:13 pm »

my sims have never worn custom content after growing up, they've always worn a dreadful Maxis outfit. The only thing to do is let them grow up, plan the outfit and then change their appearance

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
aynia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 04:34:54 pm »

Quote from: Aliwag;787576
my sims have never worn custom content after growing up, they've always worn a dreadful Maxis outfit. The only thing to do is let them grow up, plan the outfit and then change their appearance

Well, mine did *sigh* before installed the EP. Is there really no option to change it back, get the original settings? Anyone please help?
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 04:42:29 pm »

I am with ali mine never have, possibly you had a hack or something that was causing it before, but I do not know of one personally

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 07:14:57 pm »

Mine are also always growning up in Maxis clothes so I agree with Serafina, it must have been a mod doing that but I would not know where to get it.

If you do refind it, please share, I am sure plenty would love a mod like that.
aynia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 06:02:08 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh;787974
Mine are also always growning up in Maxis clothes so I agree with Serafina, it must have been a mod doing that but I would not know where to get it.

If you do refind it, please share, I am sure plenty would love a mod like that.

Since I also like to know why it worked before, here is what I tried so far:

I first only replaced all the custom content so that the downloads folder was as it had been before I installed Seasons. Sadly this did not solve the problem.

So I deinstalled everything, reinstalled only the basic game and filled the downloads folder with my back-up files from before installing Seasons. Tested again, and it worked. Growing up the Sims chose wearing custom content.

Seems like I have to check the custom content one by one now.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 02:05:07 pm »

I know Sims can grow up with cc hair if they are binned properly, but as for clothes, that never worked for me, I always ended-up with default maxis clothes.
aynia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 03:49:58 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh;794549
I know Sims can grow up with cc hair if they are binned properly, but as for clothes, that never worked for me, I always ended-up with default maxis clothes.

Well, I haven't had time to check the custom content in the Downloads folder yet but it's either something there, the non-usage of body-shop or the game's version.

I hope it is something among the custom content that causes the change because then it can be adjusted to Seasons and other EPs.

It is so great seeing your Sims choosing their own style of clothes from a full wardrobe (all custom content), it gives them even more personality - I really don't want to miss it!
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 10:49:31 pm »

hmmm i think mine have from time to time grown up wearing coustom content clothing files, usaly its the same clothing there parent of the same gender is wearing though so i have to change it anyways.

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
aynia

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 04:09:49 pm »

Quote from: KacoshiAjewl;801723
hmmm i think mine have from time to time grown up wearing coustom content clothing files, usaly its the same clothing there parent of the same gender is wearing though so i have to change it anyways.

Finally someone whose Sims also wear custom content growing up, yay!! I was almost afraid this was just a coincidence that it works with my game.

The reason why the kids only wear their parents' clothing might be that there aren't any other clothes they could choose from. Did you buy other clothes in town and a wardrobe to store them before the kids grew up?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 08:58:50 pm »

As much custom clothing that I've had available on each of my sims' lots, I have never had a sim age into custom clothing, no matter what EP I had installed... You guys are lucky.  :icon9:

aynia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 03:33:30 pm »

Quote from: TenshiiAkari12;806989
As much custom clothing that I've had available on each of my sims' lots, I have never had a sim age into custom clothing, no matter what EP I had installed... You guys are lucky.  :icon9:

Well, I hope I'll be able to find out what causes the change so we all can enjoy seeing our Sims growing up wearing custom content clothes. Wink
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 05:35:31 pm »

The reason why the kids only wear their parents' clothing might be that there aren't any other clothes they could choose from. Did you buy other clothes in town and a wardrobe to store them before the kids grew up?

Your prolly right I'm not one to buy clothing. and come to think of it..They havent been doing it since I installed seasons as well. doesnt bother me to much becuse I'm a controll freak when it comes to how my sims look.

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
aynia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 01:37:57 pm »

Quote from: KacoshiAjewl;809944
Your prolly right I'm not one to buy clothing. and come to think of it..They havent been doing it since I installed seasons as well. doesnt bother me to much becuse I'm a controll freak when it comes to how my sims look.

*sigh* I dearly hope it is not Seasons that causes the change since I see little one can do about it then.
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 01:55:12 pm »

Mine have always worn custom clothing, hair, all of that when growing up. I guess I'm lucky LOL.

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: