Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 01:27:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hel, I don't see objects that I am downloading....  (Read 5254 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BubbleGumm

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2007, 04:41:25 pm »

Hi!

I have a problem.... All furniture that I am downloading I can't see in my game.
 Can you help me to resolve the problem?

P.S.: I am downloading and mesh and recolours, but i can't see tham anyway.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 06:12:39 pm »

Do you have all eps and stuff packs? It's possible you're downloading cc you don't have the required ep for.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 06:21:49 pm »

Also, do you have Custom Content enabled?

trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 06:34:23 pm »

May I ask what program you are using to install your downloads?

BubbleGumm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 07:52:27 am »

Yep I have all packs needed.

I am downloading with windows rar.

What is that Custom Content? :smt120
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 01:16:43 pm »

You have to enabled the custom content by click on the one of the options ( i'm not sure which one i think its the one with the picture of the gears) and look for enable custom content and then turn it on...i hope this helps
BubbleGumm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 02:53:46 pm »

Quote from: Joefish;807943
You have to enabled the custom content by click on the one of the options ( i'm not sure which one i think its the one with the picture of the gears) and look for enable custom content and then turn it on...i hope this helps

Where I can find that option? :smt120
Joefish

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 09:48:00 pm »

if u click on the 3 dots in the circle you will see all the game options
BubbleGumm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 08:18:45 am »

Thanks, but my custom content was enabled....

So I still don't see my downloaded furniture...

Meybe I need some kind of program, or smth like that?
Terisimmian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 03:11:35 pm »

I was having this issue as well. First, make sure you're unpacking .package and .sims2pack files correctly. .package go in your downloads folder, install .sims2pack files using cleaninstaller or filemaid. If that still doesn't work, post here and I'll try to help more.

I love my sims. I might like yours too...
BubbleGumm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 11:05:30 am »

With unpacking is everything ok.

Look, I had another the sims2 cd and when I've instaled it I saw all my downloaded furniture, but now I bought Sims2 seasons and sims2 pets 2 in 1, and when I instaled this cd I can't see my downloads.

So meybe I need some kind of configuration or some kind of program to instal... I don't know....
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 12:48:25 pm »

You might need the CEP color enabler that can be found here:  The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 6.0b - 23 Mar 2007

If you already install that in the past, make sure you are using the latest version which is the one above.
Terisimmian

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 08:04:35 pm »

Also, some custom content is NOT expansion pack enabled, meaning when it was created something in an ep made it not show up. When you're downloading cc it is very important to make sure that it is compatible with your latest ep.

I love my sims. I might like yours too...
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 03:37:02 am »

Quote from: BubbleGumm;811223
With unpacking is everything ok.

Look, I had another the sims2 cd and when I've instaled it I saw all my downloaded furniture, but now I bought Sims2 seasons and sims2 pets 2 in 1, and when I instaled this cd I can't see my downloads.

So meybe I need some kind of configuration or some kind of program to instal... I don't know....

So this happened after you installed the Seasons and Pets 2 in 1 EPs? Do you see anything in your downloads folder? Look in My Documents/*your user name*/EAGames/Sims2/Downloads. Are the files there when you double click on the Downloads folder? If not it would seem you may have lost them when you installed these new games. That happened to me when I first started playing this game. I lost everything.

Did you back up your game before you installed this? When I am installing a new EP I make a back up of my game and put it on my desktop that way if I lose my downloads, which I usually do,  I will have a copy and can put them back in my game. If they are there I really have no idea what could be the problem. Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 03:40:06 am by trl » Logged

Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 03:49:44 am »

Move one or two of your downloads out of the folder, and move them back in. Shocked  It sounds dumb and simple, but if you do that enough, it WILL show up. c:

It does that with me all the time. xD  Every time I install a new expansion pack.  Which makes me mad. D:<
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: