Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 11:17:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with game crashing  (Read 2138 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bekkah2408

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2007, 07:04:19 pm »

I am wondering if any one else has this problem: I can play my game just fine untill I put pets into my home, then after a bit the game just restarts my whole system. Then from that point on any house with a pet takes at least 2 mins to load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all games....I have even gone out and bought the pets cd after already having bought it digital download. I dont want to go buy seasons cd after already paying for digital download. I have played without any cc and still this problem happens. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Is frustrating to have to save every 2 mins with fear of game computer restarting. Thank you
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 09:43:39 pm »

What are your computer specs? Is it possible your system doesn't meet minimum requirements?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
bekkah2408

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 11:24:30 pm »

My computer is AMD Athlon 64X2 dual core processor 4600+ 2.41 GHz 1.00 GB Ram with a NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT graphics card....Is that what you needed to know?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 01:39:22 pm »

Yes, that's what I needed to know. You shouldn't have a problem running the game, but I would check to make sure your drivers are all up to date, particularly your graphics card.

ETA: Take a look here. There's a new beta driver released for nVidia cards that could help.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 01:44:50 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 01:49:56 pm »

Did you install the patches? I believe it's the NVIDIA cards are the ones with the problems aren't they? The blue screen of death? There is a fix for it on EA. Here you go scroll down to Tuesday, 10 July 2007 there is the links to the fix.

Oops sorry, might help if I give you some links eh? lol I was running a DxDiag test on my pc to make sure everything was running right and got into looking at it. I hadn't ran one on my new PC.

Here's the link to the info:
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/blog.php?user_id=3104068

Here's the link to fix:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_162.18.html

or Here:
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 02:10:29 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
bekkah2408

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 09:12:08 pm »

Thank you both so much! I am downloading the nvidia fix. I really hope this fixes the problem and know never again to buy nvidia! Thank you both again!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 10:35:56 pm »

It's one of the reasons I'm an ATI gal all the way. Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: