Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 10:39:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Made a mess  (Read 1798 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
missleo

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2007, 06:04:02 pm »

I apologize if this has already been addressed but I've been looking. I wanted to play Seasons yesterday but I realized the disc was cracked. I didnt know what to do so I backed up my files last minute before Uninstalling it so I can go back to playing Pets (since now the seasons disc is useless). Prob is I replaced some of the folders with the ones I backed up forgetting that seasons stuff was in there and its not compatible with pets. I just wanted to save my sims but I dont know which folder they're in. As you can imagine, the game crashes before it's finished loading the neighborhoods. How do I keep my sims that I had before and which folders would I find them in? I know it's a little confusing.
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 08:18:57 pm »

I will try and to find where mine are stored and when i do i will come back and try and help you.Good question.Other then that maybe some one who knows will help you.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 11:06:29 pm »

Sims themselves can be found in the "Saved Sims" folder.  They are mostly the base sim with no custom content on them... (most CC usually installs to the download folder instead.)  

The sims are usually saved as the files that are all numbers and letters, like "f8b753c9_485f38ba.package" (or if you extracted them with SimPE, they'd have a name like "N002_User00067.package" just in case sims are all you want to get from the folder.)  :angel:

Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 01:19:32 am »

The Saved Sims are the ones you've made in Bodyshop.  If you're wanting to save the born in game Sims and general Maxis Sims (like the pleasants), then you'll find those inside of the Neighborhoods folders.  N001 is Pleasantview, N002 is Strangeville, and N003 is Veronaville.  I may have those mixed up but N001 is definitely Pleasantview. G001 is Riverblossom.

Anyway, inside of the individual numbered folders there are subfolders one of which is Characters.  Those are the Sims that you've been playing with and seeing in the neighborhood.  Hopefully, you were able to back up those folders before doing the uninstall as they may have been overwritten if you didn't.  Sad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
dreamcatchermwh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 01:49:36 am »

I'm back with great news.If you don't have Delphy's organizer you can find it at mod the sims 2.Download this little gem.I just wanted to do some organizing in my downloads folder and found all my sims in there.Which is named raw sims package.You can highlight them and move them to a safe folder on you desk top and there you go!I hope this is the answere you were looking for.

Appreciation is a wonderful thing . It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.:grin:
missleo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 10:09:07 pm »

Thanks for the help. I figured they were in the neighborhood folder which is why I replaced them with the ones I backed up but it wouldnt load. Im a lil confused about what to do with the sims once I find them..how do I tghen put them in the game. Well thank u guys. Ill play around with it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: