Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 06:18:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I delete some memories?..help  (Read 2625 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
killertomatoes

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:23:34 am »

Hello to you all gifted and generous members of Insimenator !

I have two couples that I like playing on and off for a long time. In order to lessen their chances of "jump", I occassionally delete some of their useless memories (fire, vermin, etc.) Well, I already have Insimenator, Pescado's romance mod, Squinge's makeup fun  and wearunderwearafteshower, again Pescado's noinstantcrash, autoclearcrushbelow70, nomorefire, dontleavefoodonstove mods. I recently added but then deleted woohooeverywhere of xxxsims2. Than my latest additions were Pescado's phone hack, noeatcrap,fightclub, noaplusspam,novelprogress, nocorruptdeath,noinfluenceobssession,anti-dateflowers. Now problem is:
My sims who used to be very dynamic, outgoing and perform series of logical interactions on freewill now think of doing many (meaning, I see on upper left corner of the screen what they intend to do, i.e. play red hands, etc.) in a blink but they wont do it instead just stand there looking at one another and sometimes take a step closer (there you see i.e. gossip box on the upperleft side of the screen again for split second) but again do not perform. For a minute or so series of interactions (i.e. gossip, tell dirty joke, etc.)that they would like to perform on free will are shown on screen for a split second consecutively but only after a moment or so they interact autonomously. Could any of the above listed (especially one of latest additions) be causing this or could this be treated as a "jump" and is occuring as a result of memory overload?
Thanx
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 09:32:43 am »

To me that looks like the jump bug...
Im no master at these things, but I had endless hassles with that damn jump bug!  
I just wouldn't mess around with memories if I was you... only when you have already have a problem you want to fix...otherwise its looking for trouble.

- try enabling testing cheats and read the error message that pops up..?
killertomatoes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 11:35:07 am »

Thanx Tomkat. Well I had the literal "jump" bug with another couple long time ago. They were literally jumping and were not able to do anything . This is slightly a different case. May be it is a sign of the forecoming trouble. True nightmare it is. However I resolved it back then after consulting to the pros in the Simpe forum and upon their advise I deleted someof the memories and it worked!!. Now I 'll delete just afew and see what happens. Somewhere I read that invisible memories are useless unlike somewhere else I read that they were critical and not to be messed around with. So I would'nt touch invisible ones but delete say vermin (boy they have many of those) and some of their dream dates (they have more than the entire neighborhood locals put together) and see what happens. I'll post if anything improves.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 11:38:05 am »

If you have JMP's Lot Debugger, you can use it to delete gossip and other useless memories.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
killertomatoes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 08:50:14 pm »

That's it! Thats the one!!! I knew I read somewhere about a mod that clears futile memories but didn't know the name. Thanx a million once again you woke me up from a dreadful nightmare of messing up with the game. It'll be divine if you could name the site where it can be found.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 03:43:20 am »

Lot Debugger is available on MATY (more awesome than you).  I can't get into the site at the moment, but you can try doing a search there if no one else can help you:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com
killertomatoes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 05:38:05 am »

Thanks LOL! Keep on shining
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 07:08:10 pm »

It costs fourty bucks a month for that? 0_o..
Is there another way to get that without having to pay?

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
maniac19642003
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 07:17:01 pm »

Quote from: dobydog;941832
It costs fourty bucks a month for that? 0_o..
Is there another way to get that without having to pay?

MATY isn't a pay site, thats just a joke that the owner has up there saying that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: