Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 05:49:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Promotion related problems causing serious difficulties with LTW  (Read 6279 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 12:59:13 pm »

It's your choice as far as what you uninstall and reinstall.  My recommendation is uninstall everything.  

The neighborhood files I mentioned at MATY can be picked up with no default playables in them.  Make sure you can get that version.  There's aslo a N001 version that you put into the Program Files path that eliminates the default townies.  No more Goopy.  With a CAS face replacement mod, that also means no more fuglies.  No need to delete them before you you start a game.

If you want to save some or all of your sims, go to SimPE, load the 'hood, then use Sim Surgery to export the sim.  The exported sim will have no memories.  It's basically a fresh from CAS sim again.  You can use InSIMenator to recreate skill and job levels, friendships with other sims you save, recreate family ties, etc if you want.  It's important that lots and sims are exported separately in order to not pick up memories from the current game.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 01:31:49 pm »

Since I have no other alternative but to uninstall and reinstall only EP NL (Sims 2 remains in tact), do you think it will be a good idea to load the last Simpe backup I made (dated 03-08-06) first to see whether objects package file was still in tact then or not? Cos I don't remember.

The objects.package file is not part of the back-up Sim-Pe makes so there is no use to do that.

2) Correct me if I'm wrong, so when I replace them with original ones after I reinstalled the game, I would have both my created sims and those born out of their relationships be still in tact? with present memories? OR not with present memories but with fresh memory? So what happens to those that are born in course. If created sims will have fresh memory then how do they will now about their kids and vice versa??? I could'nt figure out.

You can use sims from the "saved sims" folder to recreate part of your hood.  They are sims you either extract using Sim-Pe or template Sims you created in bodyshop.  They are not your "played" sims.   If you use those templates none will have memory or family ties which is what you need.  You can recreate family ties though (but not their memories) once in CAS by remaking the family as they were if you package all the sims in the family.
Example:  You have the Johnson family you love in your game and want to keep.  You package each member using Sim-Pe (mother, father and the kids).  Once in CAS you can recreate the Johson family using all the sim template you saved and give them the appropriate ties in CAS.  If the package sim are not at the appropriate age you can of course make adult sims kids or teens again if you wish in CAS since they are only template sims.  That Johnson family you loved will still be there and ready to have completely new adventures instead of the old ones it had (new memories).  As for the rest of the ties, you can use the insimenator like Ancient suggested.

If yes then...
Do I still have to uninstall/reinstall NL? Can't I just replace all files other than downloads and savedsims files with those saved under Simpe backup ? Would it work?

Since the answer is no, I strongly suggest you reinstall ALL eps (including the base game), not just Nightlife to make sure all the files are created properly and are put in the right folders.

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, even if I reinstall the game and start fresh, I still would like to get rid of a long list of townies plus N001 and N002 before I start playing or even replacing downloads and saved sims folders. It is a cumbersome and excruciating process plus it takes days. However I'm patient when it comes to things that I'm certain I don't want. I want to know if there is a safer method of removing unwanted townies (dead and alive)?

Like Ancient told you, there are templates without townies and NPC of all the 3 Maxis hood at the MATY site so you won't need to kill any of them, They are very safe to use I am using them personally.   Though if you insist on getting rid of them all by yourself, the safest way is to kill them.  Since I am in a good mood (just kidding) here are all the links you need to do that (Note that MATY site is sometimes very slow but you will eventually get to the links):

1- If you want to keep them after all but want the Maxis hood to have proper DNA, check this post (note: only Stangetown and Veronaville need fixes):  Strangetown and Veronaville DNA Fixes  

2- Link to empty Maxis template of all the 3 Maxis hood coming only with the playable sims:  Empty and cleaned-up templates

3- This is a link explaining how to safely create a cc hood without any Maxis default townie coming along with it and explain how to create your own townies and downtownies if you wish too to create them yourself:  Clean custom neighborhyoods+cc townie creations explanation

By the same token, can I export some of my sims after say deleting their entire memory up to the starting point and make 'em sims 2package file. I will never be able to create the exact looks of those sims again. And they are the very reason that keeps me playing sims 2 in the first place.

You can export the sims you want before you do your complete reinstall with Sim-Pe do not play with their memories anymore it is not useful since those sims WON'T HAVE ANY MEMORIES AT ALL, they will be just template of sims you want to keep.  Simply follow the instruction of how to export your sims from this post.  Once you are done make sure to keep a copy of your saved-sims folder, here is a link to a post explaining how to do this with pics, just follow all the step in the Step 1 part:  Tutorial-Giving your in-game sims a permanent make-over.  Note:  If you do not have a savedsims folder already make sure to create one or Sim-Pe won't be able to save your sims.  It should be spell this way:  SavedSims

As for the lots, once you moved out the family there will be no furniture in the houses usless you use this hack object to prevent it:  Stay-things shrub  Once you placed that and follow instruction on how to use it, you can safely move the Sims out of the house and package the lot which will appear in the "teleport" or "savedlot" folder, I cannot remember which on the top my head but you can easily check since the lot will keep the name you gave it.  Make sure to do a copy of that folder too once you are done before you uninstall the game.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 01:58:08 pm by MissDoh » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 02:13:21 pm »

I think the best thing to do now is just try it.  Many of your questions will be answered when you do.  Take one sim and one lot from the current game, export them, then reimport them before you do the reinstall of everything.  You'll be able to see what you get afterward the import.  Use a brand new 'hood for this exploration/testing and your originals have no danger of being altered (although unless you try to mimic the original there should be no danger in the original 'hood).  Export a family then, and recreate the family ties and what not in CAS.  You'll have a better understanding of what you get after the complete export, reinstall, and import.

Just do it (can I say that?  Isn't it trademarked or something?)
killertomatoes

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 05:20:59 pm »

I MUST SAY THAT I'M TRULY BLOWN AWAY BY YOUR SINCERE CONCERN AND IMPRESSIVE EFFORT IN GETTING A MORON LIKE ME TO UNDERSTAND THE BASICS INVOLVED. HOW CAN I THANK YOU ENOUGH?Huh??

MISSDOH... I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL THE LINKS YOU PROVIDED AND  FOR YOUR THOROUGH  EXPLANATIONS.

AND ANCIENTHIGHWAY... I'M INDEBTED TO YOU FOR ALL THE USEFUL INFORMATION YOU FURNISHED AND MANY THANX FOR YOUR POSITIVE MOTIVATION.

YOU CLEARED AWAY THE BLACK CLOUDS OVERSHADOWING MY REASONING.
IF A MORON LIKE ME CAN UNDERSTAND ANYONE CAN.

AND WHATS MORE....BILLION THANKS AND *HUGS* FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND GENEROSITY

WITH ALL OF THIS VALUABLE INFORMATION IN HAND, FOLLOWING YOUR INSTRUCTIONS TO THE PERIOD, I'LL START WORKING ON IT RIGHT AWAY. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED ABOUT THE RESULT.

May Goddess of Destiny shower you with unique opportunities...

:happy7::happy7::happy7::happy7::happy7::happy7:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 06:42:03 pm »

Please stop saying you are a moron or stupid since you are not at all, you just needed guidance on how to accomplish what you wanted.

My last comment would be to surf around on the maty site, I gave you links to only a few of the valuable stuff you can find there.

Now go for it and have fun with your new hood. Smiley
killertomatoes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 07:26:35 pm »

Well, I just wanna say that FFS Debugger worked like a charm for the promotion related problems.

Before starting fresh I wanted to try my favorite skin colors and skin shapes in the game to see which one I would use for the new neighborhood. I figured since I will be going through the uninstall/reinstall process I should download all those files that I wanted but hesitated before to see how they work in the game. And in the meantime I decided to give it a shot to ffs debugger and it worked YAY!! Thank you MissDoh once again and again and again. (PS. I sorted all duplicate character and lot files in the DL folder and got rid of them Finally)
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 08:45:56 pm »

I am happy all is working fine now and from what I understand you did not need to reinstall after all.

FFS debugger is my best friend along with the Insimenator in my game.  Playing without them is not the same.
killertomatoes

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 12:36:09 pm »

Yeah I didn't reinstall just yet but I will. Well cos atm I have work piled up and can not spare much time for something of such grandiose scale. As soon as I have time I'll be on it, you'll be the first to know for I will certainly have more dreary questions lined up for you. If nothing then I will most assuredly update you cos you've gone out of your way to help me and it is much appreciated.

XXXXX  :smile::smile::smile:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: