Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 10:35:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About Deleting Accessories//Make-up  (Read 2099 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Furious_Idea

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2007, 12:34:06 am »

Just a short, sweet little question. If I were to delete a file of makeup or an accessory ((earring//necklace//glasses)) and a Sims character was still WEARING it, when I deleted it, will this cause problems? Will the make-up just disappear from the Sim that was wearing it?

:yummy: I WILL EEET YOUR SOUL LIKE CANDY!
((....I hope it's cherry-flavored.))
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:39:42 am »

That is what should happen.  Most things you delete like make up or accessories don't cause a problem.  If you delete Hair a sim is wearing it may cause problems.   I have had to completely delete my sims before when I deleted the hair she was wearing.  It caused my sim to become corrupt.

Sims Mommy
Furious_Idea

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 12:41:44 am »

Oh, I don't plan on that! I'm just a download-aholic, and I really need to Clear out the old things I don't use, anymore, or I'll feel terrible for having so much stuff!

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 03:06:49 am »

Make-up, clothes (as long as it was not using a special mesh, if so, if you delete the mesh make sure to delete all the recolors along with it), hair (same apply has clothes) and skins are safe to delete.

The sim will use the next one available in queue, don't be surprise though if some of your sims will look funny after a clean-up. :tongue:
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 08:13:13 am »

Quote from: MissDoh;868605
Make-up, clothes (as long as it was not using a special mesh, if so, if you delete the mesh make sure to delete all the recolors along with it), hair (same apply has clothes) and skins are safe to delete.

The sim will use the next one available in queue, don't be surprise though if some of your sims will look funny after a clean-up. :tongue:

Good info.  Thank you.  My sim was bald and I couldn't get her to wear any other hair so I deleted her, so I assumed all would be the same and haven't tried again.

Sims Mommy
Furious_Idea

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 04:59:38 pm »

Thank you very much! This is going to make cleaning out all the makeup and things I didn't particularly like MUCH much easier~! :worship:

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 08:07:21 pm »

To make it even easier on you I suggest you use Delphy's download organiser.

You can find orphan and duplicates files with it and you can categorize your downloads too, that tool can be found here:  Delphy's Download Organiser
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: