Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 09:00:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Renamed Neighborhood Files now everything is gone........... HELP!!  (Read 2210 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ferrischick99

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2007, 06:31:50 pm »

I have a lot of neighborhoods so I thought I would make it easier on myself and re name them in the Sims 2 folder so I could find them easier. I had no idea it would totally wipe them out of my game. Is there any way I can get them back??? If not I will have lost everything for my stories, contests, and my website!!!

Visit Sims 2 Avenue for all of your Sims Housing Needs
[/B][/COLOR]
I'm happier than a tornader in a trailer park!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 06:47:34 pm »

Your only chance would be to name them back to what they were originally.  If that doesn't work, you've got to start from scratch.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:12:15 pm »

Renaming the N00X subfolders under the neighborhoods folder to a new name was not enough since all the characters file are starting with the N00X too so the game did not recognize the neighborhoods folder anymore.   You cannot rename those folders in any way sorry.  What I suggest is you take note in a .txt or a piece of paper of what each hood is in terms of number.  They appear in the game in the same order your folder are showing.

To found back what number they were originally, go check in each of their characters folders, those will indicate you which number they were originally.  

Make sure to write the folder name exactly the same way as in the characters folder for example:  N002
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:14:57 pm by MissDoh » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 08:18:38 pm »

This is the way I understand Neighborhoods.  I may be wrong or I may be right....

It won't work to rename all the character and lot files to what you named the neighborhood either, so don't try it.  There's a NeighborhoodManager.package that contains pointers to the various neighborhoods created by the game.  It would be looking for N00x files. It won't even see "MyContestHood".  If a neighborhood isn't in the NeighborhoodManager.package, it just can't be played.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 08:21:42 pm »

You are exactly right Ancient, actually none of the main folders can be rename in any way.

The only exception is that we can put subfolders in the Downloads folder with the name we wish but that is it and this works only for people with Nightlife and up.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 08:27:38 pm by MissDoh » Logged
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 09:30:49 pm »

thanks for all the help, lol I learned my lesson thats for sure, I feel so dumb lol Ive been playing TS2 for years and I just cant believe i did that Sad

[/B][/COLOR]
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 10:07:03 pm »

Were you able to rename the neighborhoods back to the original name and use them?
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 11:57:28 pm »

A few of them worked but not the ones that really mattered..... But when I tried to play them the game froze while exiting so I just deleted them and started over!!

[/B][/COLOR]
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 12:50:10 am »

Did you regave them the appropriate numbers?  I find it weird some worked but not all of them.

For me it was an all or nothing thing.
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 01:13:06 am »

yep I did them all right and gave them the right name, I'm not really sure why they didn't all work. I know my computer is having some problems right now since I got the new graphics card. That has nothing to do with this but the game is just being really weird for some reason.

[/B][/COLOR]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: