Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 07:10:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: why wont it work?  (Read 5217 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
euphoria_depres

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2006, 01:21:54 pm »

i have the uni ep, and the nightlife ep. i downloaded the NL version of the inteenimator... into my downloads folder. i extracted it, and have the DEST version of the insiminator. everything is like it should be, but when i load my game, with custom content enabled, and click on my sim, the inteenimator pie chart doesn't show up... just her usual options.

also, maybe unrelated, when my teen sim and her steady boyfriend relax on a bed, when she goes to interact with him, she jumps up, and stands beside the bed and he moves over a bit, still relaxing, like floating on air.

why isnt my inteenimator showing up?
SimmieCal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:37:27 pm »

Do you have any other custom content or mods? What you described sounds like a jump bug from a conflict. Are you sure you downloaded and installed the correct Inteen version? Did you have any previous Inteen versions installed? Is it a custom bed or a Maxis bed?

Try playing the game with ONLY Inteen installed and see if you still get the problem.
euphoria_depres

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:40:57 pm »

if i did play it with just the inteenimater, how do i work in my other downloads?

i have the right inteenimator... its the one with the flavors... should i try 1.3 without flavors?

its a maxis bed. everything is as it should be. the only mods i have are the insiminator and a transporter which is a yellow security system. and a bunch of clothes/hair
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 01:55:33 pm »

If you are referring to DMA's teleporter I would suggest removing that for sure. Anything else I would take Simmie's advice.
euphoria_depres

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 02:00:13 pm »

will i be able to put my dma teleporter back in? i only use it really for the refresh everybody/sleepy all/friends with everyone hacks...
Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 02:26:05 pm »

Well, I have both the Inteen AND DMA's teleporter in my game and there's no conflict there for me.

My advice would be to lift out ALL your hacks. Hopefully you've put your hacks and your hacked objects in sub-folders inside your Downloads folder, making them seperate from all your clothes, hairstyles, skintones, floor patterns etc.

THEN, pop your InTeen back in, and then place your other hacks back in ONE at a time, loading the game and checking for conflicts each time, until you isolate the offender.

Then you can decide which hack you want to keep. The InTeenimator or the one that conflicts with it. Depends really on which one is more use to you and the way you play your game.
euphoria_depres

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 02:41:16 pm »

what if i kept the inteenimator out until i wanted to impregnate a teen... if she were pregnant and i removed the hack would she continue to be pregnant, or would the hack have to stay in the downloads folder?
SimmieCal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 03:15:22 pm »

Quote from: euphoria_depres
what if i kept the inteenimator out until i wanted to impregnate a teen... if she were pregnant and i removed the hack would she continue to be pregnant, or would the hack have to stay in the downloads folder?

Do NOT remove Inteen while a teen is pregnant unless you really want to screw-up your game. It may take a little effort and time, but if you want to use Inteen, I suggest you test it with each hack, one at a time, to determine where the problem is.

If you haven't done this before and want some help, list here what hacks you do have in your downloads folder. Some of us might recognize a known conflict.
euphoria_depres

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 03:18:36 pm »

so i should only remove the hacks? my custom clothes, and hair meshes and things are safe?
SimmieCal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 03:27:14 pm »

Quote from: euphoria_depres
so i should only remove the hacks? my custom clothes, and hair meshes and things are safe?

No custom content is 100% safe Wink but these are less likely to cause problems - provided that they don't alter behaviour. For example, Monique's computer, while an object, alters game behaviour, so think of something like that as a hack. If you just have a computer that's been recolored, that probably won't cause a problem.

If it is a Maxis mesh that has been recolored (shape is identical to a Maxis item and doesn't require a mesh) this is also less likely to cause a problem. New meshes - beds that are a different shape than the Maxis items - might cause a problem depending on how the creator did the mesh and copied the functions.

Start with taking the hacks out and leaving your custom hairs, clothes and furniture. See if you still have the problem. If you don't have the problem, add one hack in at a time and test it until the problem reappears - then you will know which one is causing the problem.

You haven't installed Open for Business, right?
euphoria_depres

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 03:50:04 pm »

no... i haven't a clue what open for business is.

so.. what are the options when i have the inteenimator.. is there a simple "have baby with...." like in the insiminator? whats the 'biological clock' everyone talks about?
SimmieCal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 04:09:15 pm »

Open for Business is the expansion pack that just came out yesterday.

Did you read the instruction manual that came with the download?
euphoria_depres

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 04:49:34 pm »

okay i removed EVERYTHING except the inteenimater. i took out custom content, mods, hacks, EVERYTHING. and it still wont show up when i click on my teen sim.
SimmieCal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 04:53:44 pm »

Then the only other suggestion I would make is that you try downloading it again to see if the file got corrupted during the download process.

What are the choices when you click on your teen - it doesn't say "inteen".
euphoria_depres

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 04:56:52 pm »

the choices are adjust (for the multiples hack)... meditate, invite headmaster, throw party, groups, and call. (she has a cellphone)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: