Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 03:46:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a cheat in which I can pick out the gender of the baby  (Read 4892 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SummerStorms

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2007, 05:18:43 pm »

That my pregnant sim is going to have.Since I keep getting stuck with boys all the time.
erinmblair
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 05:40:17 pm »

I wonder this as well. One of my Sims had seven boys. NO girls. Sad

~Erin
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 05:48:47 pm »

Lol I have it the other way round (too many girls) Sad, from my understanding, gender is determined at birth (meaning its totally random and not 'hackable' at the moment), what you could do is pause then save the lot as the camera zooms in for childbirth, if you don't get the required gender, exit without saving and keep reloading until you get what you want.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 06:05:35 pm »

That's what I do. It's the only way to get the gender you want. It takes a few tries sometimes, but there's no other way around it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 08:01:59 am »

I've been experimenting with this one:

intProp chanceofboy 100

I plug it in the neighborhood when I start the game, I haven't had enough sims actually give birth yet, I'm building to that point, so when they start popping out the little critturs, I'll know more about just how this cheat works.  I might even go ahead and try it in the family just before they give birth.

This is the one for girls:

intProp chanceofgirl 100

When I start my game, in the neighborhood screen, I use:

boolprop controlpets on
boolprop petactioncancel true
boolProp allow45degreeangleofrotation true
intProp chanceofboy 100--I play a predominantly male game

Now something I did notice, was when I was in the CAS and had a couple and was making a toddler from the two of them, everytime I clicked on the toddler, it was always a boy, I had to use the "girl" button for the toddler to be a girl, so maybe the cheat does work, I'll know in a few days lol

One more thing, I remembered.  I used INSim to get an adult sim pregnant by a teen sim.  I do not use the InTeeninator.  When the adult sim had the baby, it always came out a girl, even with the cheat plugged in.  I didn't want a girl because I was hoping to get the skin of the father (a teen).  So before the baby was born, I went over to play the teen, grew him up and then let the baby be born and right off the bat, the first baby, was a boy, so that might have had something to do with it.  If you're using INSim to get your sims pregnant it might not work right.  For instance, if you used the Grim Reaper as the father, the cheat might not work.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:05:29 am by Lady Moiraine » Logged

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 09:35:35 am »

Ladymoraine, I don't know where you got that cheat but this is a list of the official Maxis cheat and the "intprop chanceofgirl 100" cheat is not among that list:  List of all Maxis acknowledged Cheats

Also at Snooty sims, they have a list of all the Maxis cheat, again that cheat does not appear on the list:  List of cheats

Snooty sims knows very well about the existing cheats.  Not seeing it on their list means it does not really exist.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 09:53:12 am by MissDoh » Logged
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 10:08:27 am »

As I mentioned in my previous post, I haven't had a chance to really check it out but in case it does work, it's worth a shot for those trying to control the gender of their children.  I should know more by this weekend.  :wink:

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 10:19:44 am »

If you wish to test a cheat that does not exist up to you. :tongue:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 11:04:56 am »

i have experimented extensively with baby gender control, and I have found nothing that is reliable.  The baby's gender is determined by a random number generated at the time of birth; this random number is created by using the "random seed" generated by your CPU at the boot time.  If you have a computer that hibernates instead of actually turning off, or if you never reboot your computer, your game could conceivably get stuck in a male or famale baby biased state.

the official word from EA is that there is no way to control gender of a baby, so the intprop chanceofgirl 100 and intprop chanceofboy 100 cheats are mythical.  The thing about intprop commands is they will accept anything without giving the user an error warning like "no such command", so it only looks like it is doing something.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
laurenke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 11:25:48 am »

Quote from: Lady Moiraine;892313
I've been experimenting with this one:

intProp chanceofboy 100

I plug it in the neighborhood when I start the game, I haven't had enough sims actually give birth yet, I'm building to that point, so when they start popping out the little critturs, I'll know more about just how this cheat works.  I might even go ahead and try it in the family just before they give birth.

I don't understand how you can have experimented with this cheat when you admit you've only rarely had your Sims procreate.  

Furthermore this non-cheat originated on the BBS.  That should explain everything right there.

The Sporum | Spore, The Sims 2, Heroes, Lost
The DI has returned
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 11:34:29 am »

she said she is teasting it not that she has teasted it. There is no harm in her testing it. No need to get upset Laurenke. Wink

HI BBB!!!!! I missed you!!!! * HUGS*

On  a side note, if your male sims has a baby with another male sim you will have a girl 100% of the time. Female sims to female sim will have a boy 100% of the time.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 11:36:49 am by nova-storm » Logged

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
FndrBndr1010

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 11:37:00 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;892496
this random number is created by using the "random seed" generated by your CPU at the boot time.  If you have a computer that hibernates instead of actually turning off, or if you never reboot your computer, your game could conceivably get stuck in a male or famale baby biased state.

That's really interesting to know.  Thanks for the explanation.  I've seen a lot of people complain about getting stuck with babies of one gender.  I wonder if that explanation is common.

On a side note, if your male sims has a baby with another male sim you will have a girl 100% of the time. Female sims to female sim will have a boy 100% of the time.

I don't think that is true.  I usually use TwoJeff's pregnancyforall hack to get males pregnant and get babies of both genders 50/50.  Even before that, when I was using the tombstone of L and D, I remember getting both genders, although that was years ago.  However, if you get a sim pregnant with themselves, then they have always an opposite gender clone.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 11:42:48 am by FndrBndr1010 » Logged
laurenke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 11:54:08 am »

Quote from: nova-storm;892529
she said she is teasting it not that she has teasted it. There is no harm in her testing it.

Regardless of the symantics of the post, the cheat does not exist, and therefore cannot be tested or not tested.

No need to get upset Laurenke. Wink

When people spread non-cheats around on the Internet, it only perpetuates their lifespan and they become so blown out of proportion that people genuinely believe they're real.  This is how "twinzr2cute" got started, along with the other masses of non-cheats that still plague the Sims community.

So when it's my sanity at stake, I think I have a right to be upset. :-P

The Sporum | Spore, The Sims 2, Heroes, Lost
The DI has returned
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 11:55:44 am »

Quote from: FndrBndr1010;892533
I don't think that is true. I usually use TwoJeff's pregnancyforall hack to get males pregnant and get babies of both genders 50/50. Even before that, when I was using the tombstone of L and D, I remember getting both genders, although that was years ago. However, if you get a sim pregnant with themselves, then they have always an opposite gender clone.
AHHHH that is what I am thinking of Self inpregnation. my bad. it has been a long time since I hvae done the male to male or self to self pregnation thing so I got them mixed. thanks!

When people spread non-cheats around on the Internet, it only perpetuates their lifespan and they become so blown out of proportion that people genuinely believe they're real. This is how "twinzr2cute" got started, along with the other masses of non-cheats that still plague the Sims community.

She is not spreading it around the net just testing one that has been spread already. The worst thing that will come of it is she is going to have a bucket load of baby sims running around! Making the place a mess lol.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 11:59:36 am by nova-storm » Logged

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 08:27:14 am »

Quote from: FndrBndr1010;892533
I don't think that is true.  I usually use TwoJeff's pregnancyforall hack to get males pregnant and get babies of both genders 50/50.  Even before that, when I was using the tombstone of L and D, I remember getting both genders, although that was years ago.  However, if you get a sim pregnant with themselves, then they have always an opposite gender clone.

Me too. I had a male sim couple have babies a few time. The first time they had a boy, the second, twin girls.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: