Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 05:41:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Content Question/Problem =/ please help T-T  (Read 1209 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Adaminy
« on: August 29, 2007, 11:48:35 am »

this is going to sound really stupid...
when i found out you could get custom content i kind of went overboard >< and dl'ed a whole bunch of stuff and now i was wondering if there was any way to look at specific PACKAGE files and delete the the ones that you don't want... it loads really slow now and i know i'm missing meshes for things =/ (i only noticed that you needed "meshes" recently >< ,_,) basically, the downloads folder is pretty(REALLY) full now but not all the content shows up properly in my game =(  any help with this would be really great =D  
thanks~ =)

*i was thinking of just deleting everything in my downloads folder(i would delete all the stuff in my game that used the previous cc first though) and just start over again... would that work? ,_,
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 11:59:33 am »

My best suggestion is to use Delphy's download organiser that can be found at the MTS2 site.

You can find orphan files, duplicates, sort your downloads by type, move them to other folder and delete all in the same tool.

It is a must for people with a lot of downloads. Smiley

Once you got rid of the duplicates and orphan and sort them by type in subfolders, you can also use the Clean installer which will give you a preview pic of some of the downloads you have.  It is also a good tool to install downloads since it will give a detailed list of the stuff you are about to install.

No tool can tell you if you are actually using any of the cc shown.

If the preview pics does not help, the best is to go in game and delete them manually.

One last thing, once you are done cleaning up your downloads, delete groups.cache file and cigen.package file.  Both will be regenerated the next time you start the game or Bodyshop.  They can both be found in your c:/mydocuments/eagames/thesims2 folder.

Note that you will have a cigen.package file only if you used bodyshop before.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 12:07:52 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: