Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 09:57:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with making a basement.  (Read 1186 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
anillee

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2007, 11:52:57 am »

I've found some guides that show you how to make a basement when building a house.  They tell you to lay a foundation, then to hole out the center section, leaving a one tile border, then lower the terrain (using a wall covering with a bottom border as a guide.)  My problem is I do this, but it won't allow me to use the top of the foundation as a floor. I can only lay tile around the perimeter of the foundation, but not on top of the whole thing.  It places the place where I'd put the flooring a story higher.  Any Sim-architects out there willing to help me out?  I'd love to get this done.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 12:14:48 pm »

Put a wall up on your foundation for the first floor if you haven't already.  If you see you can lay floors some places, but not towards the center of this room, start laying floors when you can.  Each floor you lay should unlock the square next to it so you can lay more floors until you've got the entire room laid...with floors that is.

Another way to do it, but it would cost a couple simoleans rather than free like the method above, would be to go to the Terrain - Elevation - Level Terrain Tool and level from one corner to the one diagonal from it.  You'll probably need to do this to get the square outside of the foundation "level" to place windows.
anillee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 12:26:42 pm »

Will try that now.  Thanks a ton Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: