Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 08:54:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh no! Baby can't be born!  (Read 5926 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tigerfaerie

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2007, 11:33:44 pm »

So my best friend who's a big simmer is having baby issues.

This is what she said the first time:

Confused and angry, I printscreened the whole phenomenon. Basically, Julia went through her labor pains and then the little message came up, 'a new member of your family is ready to be delivered; please wait while the stork unties those extra knots' or something. What's supposed to happen after that is you get a cutscene of the parents with their baby and then you name the baby. Well neither happened. Pretty much after that message disappeared all of a sudden there was a baby in the family menu (as seen above), named 'Baby Girl Buckley' because I never got to name her. However, see how Jeff's aspiration meter is at its highest? He wanted a baby, and the game thinks Julia had one, because Jeff now wants to buy it toys and crap. Even worse, Julia is still pregnant! I tried using inSim and all its coolness to locate the baby, but it's not there to locate. Before I quit out, I waited around for a little bit, though I wasn't expecting a baby to magically surface. I tried to make Jeff age the baby through inSim but the command faded after a few seconds because THERE WAS NO BABY!

Then, to make things worse, when I tried to quit, I couldn't! If you look at the screenshot above, Buy Mode and Build Mode are grayed out and therefore inaccessible. When I went into '...', 'Save', 'Save and Return to Neighborhood' and 'Save and Quit' were all grayed out as well! I printscreened it but I eventually had to emergency shutdown my computer because I was on the desktop and still seeing a Sims arrow. I suppose everything grayed out because when your girl is having a baby you're not supposed to be able to screw around in the other menus. On that note, I guess it was still attempting to properly load my baby, but if messed that up a while ago.

So why did this happen?

And here's a screencap

Attempt two:

Okay, so I go back into the game, set the clock back an hour.  She's still in labor, like right in the middle of it, since it's not a thumbnail thing I can cancel it out.  So the message loads up again 'please wait while blah blah blah'.  Thennnnnn.  Nothing.  'Baby girl lastname' shows up in the family menu. Julia goes to play with the mechanical car, like everything was fine.  There is no actual baby though.  I tried to age it last time with insim but the option faded away b/c the baby is not actually there. I click its family menu thumbnail and nothing. But the game THINKS there is a baby. B/c Jeff's aspiration points raise b/c he wanted a baby. And he has new aspirations that include the baby. But Julia is still pregnant. I tried deleting her and bringing her back.  I tried changing her fitness.  I was going to try killing her but I dont know how to bring her back, so I didnt.  NOTHING works.  The worst thing is it never even lets me quit...I have to force quit, which takes forever.

~*I take HOUSE requests.  And I dabble in clothing here and there too.*~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 07:36:29 am »

Wow.... Has she tried moving them off of that lot and into another house?  That lot may not have the proper pregnancy token for her... :dontknow:

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 10:04:34 am »

What mods does she have that deal with pregnancies and woohoos?  Have those mods been updated to the latest version for the EPs she has?
tigerfaerie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 01:01:44 pm »

She hasn't switched lots, but I'll tell her to try that.

The mods she has are all updated (we have the same EPs and I'm the one who got her into mods).  Another Sim couple had twins just fine with all of her mods installed.

~*I take HOUSE requests.  And I dabble in clothing here and there too.*~
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 01:11:44 pm »

It's sounding like the pregnancy control flipped out.  If switching lots doesn't work, she could try to use InSim or Inteen to abort the pregnancy, then get them pregnant again and advance the stage to the third trimester.
glorified_g

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 10:52:49 pm »

Hi guys. I'm the one who's been having the baby trouble.

I tried moving them into a new lot, and tried aborting Julia's pregnancy right away. Basically, the same thing that's happened before happened again, the game registers her as no longer pregnant, yet she still IS pregnant. Tonight I tried back-aging her, but as a teen she was pregnant, and when I aged her back into an adult, she still was.

I really don't know what to do anymore, guys. I'm thinking at this point I'm going to have to just kill the family off and remake them, because there doesn't seem to be a way around this problem.

If anybody has ANY suggestions, no matter how far out there they may seem to be, please feel free to speak up, because at this point I'm willing to try it.

Just to recap the thread, here's everything I have tried...

Aborting the pregnancy
Deleting (both baby and mother)
Changing fitness
Changing clothes (just grasping at straws)
Back and forward aging (adult to teen, teen to adult)
Moving Sim to another lot

Also, just to reiterate, all my mods are up to date, and another one of my Sim couples has recently had a baby without any problems.

The main problem I'm having is I can't get Julia un-pregnant. I can easily get rid of the (non)baby, but I can't get her back to normal again.

If anybody can, please...help. And thanks to everyone who has tried thus far (and to tigerfaerie for the thread).

I make outfits for my musician Sims! Check them out! Smiley
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 11:22:35 pm »

In the cheat window (Ctrl-Shift-C) enter boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.

Then shift click on Julia and select Force Error.  The window that pops up will have a file listed.  Attach that file to a post here.  You'll have to use the "Post Reply" or "Go Advanced" button to attach the file.

If Julia's currently pregnant, let the birthing sequence play out.  An error may pop up on it's own.  Attach that file also.
glorified_g

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 08:51:34 am »

Hi again.

I tried the boolProp cheat, but the Version 1.blah blah thing that normally shows up in the upper right hand corner didn't. However, for the first time when Julia tried giving birth, I did get this error.

* BABYERRROR!.PNG (1663.98 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 319 times.)

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 09:03:45 am »

Can you attach the file ObjectError_N001_t421.txt.
glorified_g

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 09:19:09 am »

Here you go.

* ObjectError_N001_t421.txt (66.18 KB - downloaded 131 times.)

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 09:29:11 am »

Open up a Windows Explorer and navigate to your Downloads folder.  Then do a Search for Inteenimater.  It's looking like you have an old version of one of the files in your folders.  

The easiest thing to do would be do delete all the InTeenimater_*.files and reinstall it.  

If for some reason that doesn't fix the problem, and you've downloaded any lots, you've picked up a piece from someone else's game.  Use Clean Installer to scan the Downloads folder, search on Type, and delete any file with a blank type that has a 32 character "garbage" name of numbers and the letters A-F.  These are errant mods picked up from downloaded lots.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 11:14:17 am »

This is actually very easy to diagnose from the log.

You have an very old version of the InTeenimater installed (at first blush, it looks like it's the NL edition).  It is DEFINITELY not compatible with the expansion packs you are presently running.  You need to do as ancient suggests and remove ALL package files that begin with InTeenimater and use Sims 2 Clean Installer to disable any package files that it highlights in red that you don't recognize (as you may have picked up an old version of InTeen from a contaminated lot you installed).

What I can't figure is why your build version is 1.9 ( Seasons is 1.7.0.158 ).  What expansions are you running???

In either case, you need to get the SEASONS Edition of InTeen and install that once you've removed the garbage.

EDIT: Once you actually have the right version of InTeen in your game, you can spawn your "quasi-pregnant" sim's Biological Clock, SHIFT+CLICK on it, and choose "*End My Pregnancy" (with the asterisk).  You must have the boolProp testingcheatsenabled set to true for this option to appear.  This will forcibly scrub every remnant of the bogus pregnancy.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 11:20:54 am by jase439 » Logged

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
glorified_g

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 12:05:30 pm »

Hi there Jase.

I currently have the original Sims 2, University, Nightlife and H&M Fun Stuff installed. I had Pets installed quite some time ago, but not any more. I don't even own Seasons.

I have had the Nightlife version of inTeen installed, and thus far haven't had any other pregnancy problems. Another Sim couple has had a baby with this version of inTeen installed with no problem. I guess my question is what version of inTeen should I download and install.

Thanks.

nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 02:27:25 pm »

the thing about Pets is it changes the game to fit it. So you have Uninstalled it but I am sure that what is going on is the game is still in pets mode. you might try deleteing the Inteen you have now like Jase said and installing the Pets version and see if all is well. Or till jase gets back here and says other wise. But I am thinking that is what is going on. You still have Pet Poo in your game Wink

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
glorified_g

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 02:47:10 pm »

Quote from: nova-storm;914736
the thing about Pets is it changes the game to fit it. So you have Uninstalled it but I am sure that what is going on is the game is still in pets mode. you might try deleteing the Inteen you have now like Jase said and installing the Pets version and see if all is well. Or till jase gets back here and says other wise. But I am thinking that is what is going on. You still have Pet Poo in your game Wink

Well, not only do I have the game uninstalled, but I started everything all over again once I was done uninstalling it because I was foolish enough not to back up my game. I don't know if this means the Pets data could still effect my game now though.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: