Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 10:34:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game crashing when I try to enter one particular lot  (Read 2127 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
KristalRose

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2007, 12:45:54 pm »

I have a large residential lot that is crashing to the desktop every time I try to load it. I'm running the game on Windows XP Media Edition, and I have a nVidia Geforce 7900 graphics card. I have all the EP's and SP's installed. I recently cleaned out my downloads folder, and I'm thinking that the problem might be related to that, but I am unsure. None of my other lots are crashing, and the game seems to be performing fine.

I can't remember exactly what my sims were doing doing when I last left them. I do know that I married or moved in another family because they all show up on the load-screen. Four or five "dashes" will light up to show the lot is loading, and then the crash happens.

This is a very old lot that has seen alot of gameplay. I'd say that I established it two years ago.  Because it's large it makes the perfect family farm. So, since Seasons was released, I have played it a lot more than many of my regular lots. The entire neighborhood is over 2 years old (I think I started it new when NL came out, so isn't that about 2 years?) And so I am concerned that this might be a sign of impending doom for the whole neighborhood. This is just my favorite lot, and so it's wearing out quicker than the other ones.

Okay, so here's where I'm looking for advice: I don't want to move the family out of the lot if I can help it, because it's such an established lot. I definately don't want to loose my neighborhood. Is there a way I can troubleshoot the lot from the outside (SimsPE maybe?) to tell me why it's crashing? I apologize if this particular question has already been asked, I did look but didn't see one this problem-specific. Thanks for any help you can give me. Smiley:worship:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:49:14 pm by KristalRose » Logged
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 02:22:23 pm »

you might try removing your downloads folder and restarting the game. to see if it fixes what is going on. if it does then you have a bad Item or mod in your DL folder and you will have to find it. if not then you could try moving a new sim in to the house to see if it restats what ever is wrong. and then move that sim out. before you do anything however I would make a save of that house and place it on your desk top so that if need be you can delete it and reinstall it after.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
KristalRose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 05:12:00 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  I did what you suggested and tried to back it up to my desktop:  game crashed.  Then I removed the Downloads folder and tried again to back it up again. . . game crashed again.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 09:02:09 pm »

If without your dowload folder the lot still crash, I think your only solution is to move the family out and try to build a lot similar to that one, and bulldoze that faulty lot.

If it is the only lot crashing in that specific hood, the lot is the problem, sacrificing it might be better than sacrificing the complete hood.

If you cannot move out the members the regular way, use the summoner section of the insim and summon each member on other lots you can play and make them move in on that new lot. You can then move them all out and place them in a new lot and bulldoze that old one if you can.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 09:04:40 pm by MissDoh » Logged
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 10:40:33 pm »

but tyr Saveing the lot before you trash it. and reinstall after. you might get lucky and the bug will be fixed.

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 11:39:02 pm »

I did what you suggested and tried to back it up to my desktop: game crashed.

Nova she tried already and it made her game crash. Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: