Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 04:26:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: List your Bon Vonyage bugs and compatabilty issues  (Read 89347 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2007, 09:45:18 am »

Quote from: Kitty!;923021
If i was u i would uninstall it, and wait for a patch...  

Heh, I hope you have a 2 years of plenty things to do because I dont see that happening in the near future. :toothy4:

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2007, 10:22:55 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy;922669
Deviancy, I just came back from testing a Creative Audigy 4.0 Pro to add a note on that model and it's like you describe, choppy play at best.  Almost any of the audigy cards will be buggy.  These seem to be only slightly modified versions of the same chipset that was used in the AWE-32 sound cards - and those were barely DirectX 8 compatible, so it is really pushing the technology beyong its limits and defrauding the public on Creative's part to claim these cards are DX9 compatible.

I wouldn't put this on Creative entirely, the only thing I give them shit for is flooding the market in regards to audio cards.  But it's the same card I used with all of the other expansion packs as well as other games that push dx9 to the limit.  EA just didn't optimize things properly, most likely they rushed the release.  I even noticed at times their jewelry gets the blue flash, which is amusing to say the least.  Slightly differnet fix this time though because the face also flashes blue.  So the eyeliner has to be re-picked and then everything comes back.

I ran a few weird tests..

I set the compatibility mode to Windows 2000, this seemed to help quite a bit.  It didn't help with the load time between towns and lots but I was able to play vacation lots with far less lag.  Now my sim knows how to hula dance, fire dance and do massages..

I also noticed that sims can sun bathe and tan this time out.. pretty cool.

So they put in some fun new things.. but will they bother to try to patch what a good chunk of their fanbase is whining about on their board..

Are these issues happening with Vista?  Or is this isolated to XP?

charlotterose23

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2007, 11:18:56 am »

I actually found that I hadn't taken InTeenimator out and that solved most of the problems until my computer decided to restart itself. I dunno if thats BV's fault though. I've had that problem before but I thought I'd sorted it. It hadn't restarted itself in ages until just now Sad My sims were on their honeymoon as well Sad

My game wasn't slow in the slightest though. Which is great Smiley

1st Place ~ ANMM
2nd Place ~ RTS, Miss F.A.T
3rd Place ~ Wedding Nightmare, Makeover Remmington, DTS, X-Men Academy, Imaginary Friend
[/COLOR][/FONT]
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2007, 12:01:33 pm »

Quote from: lewisb40;921015
Tried getting on N99. Sent through this registration, then sent to a page for the admin. to approve my request for membership? Forget it!  I just needed to know if it was safe to use GunMod's camera hack in BV? I have the version that was compatible with ep's up to Seasons, but when I installed BV, I lost the camera mod.

Hey Lewis

Just put the camera mod back in BV and the only other stuff I have in is clothes and hair and it seems to be working just fine Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2007, 12:36:31 pm »

I found bigfoot..

Bigfoot can move in...

But this is where one of the hacks may cause trouble.  Mister Foot went to go take a shower, he lost his furryness except for his head in the shower.. and he doesn't change back.  He can't use the dresser.. so I had to do a force error to re-load him.  Kinda odd, they gave mister foot most of the same interactions as the other sims, they just removed the romance ones and removed the option of allowing him to use the dresser.

Sir.Cheatalot
Endangered Species

Endangered Species

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2007, 03:47:33 pm »

So sims can travel by foot now, nice option...you think...the problem i encountered is that after they arrived at a community lot, after about 30 mins (ingame time) a taxi arrives to take them home again, so i deactivated and let them stay, then went home by foot again ( no probs ).

Next is that if you own a vacation house and you buy a car and use that to go to a community lot and you Book a Tour the shuttle whom supose to take you stops behind your car and stays there, only option i had was to close the game and reload, went back to the vacation home and that brought them back from the community lot *yay* pffffft.

*note* these things occured without CC or hacks and mods*
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:52:30 pm by Sir.Cheatalot » Logged

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
galaxyflier

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2007, 03:53:35 pm »

My clock doesn't get stuck on fast forward, but the same stuff happens in my game.  Even on the normal lots I'm having problems.  I'm also getting tons of rain and storms which is ruining gardens that aren't in green houses.  I like sims from all income levels, so my poorer ones are taking a beating with this.
mamxnb

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2007, 10:41:09 pm »

geeeeeeee this new expansion is just full of problems! i must get the other expansions now  i think.  i m so behind  in sim2 sigh. i have to get pet and the other after. but to get the stuff pack i dont know. the glamour is nice . oh mm do i have to install in order now ugh. bv i will get way down the road when it safer to use  i think.
mamxnb

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2007, 10:41:54 pm »

and this  game should get awarded worst buggy pc game of the year? as consumer are we getting ripped off though?
Denimjo

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2007, 11:10:10 pm »

Quote from: Tvldiva;922909
Also, anyone having a problem with the way the tour guide talkes when asking a question?  For me he says unk?  or when you ask whats cool around here he says "mascot" or "chd" or "unk" ........lol go figure.

I had this problem as well. It was resolved after I removed the DMA Sims Objects from my Downloads (the yellow and red recolored security devices on the walls).
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2007, 11:57:43 pm »

I thought there would be a problem with custom jewelry but saw no flashing blue when I entered my first lot. My teen had her purse, watch and jewelry and it all seemed fine.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Annette1955

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2007, 12:26:38 am »

My lag seems solved 'does happy dance with fingers crossed' thanks lewisb40!
For some reason I thought we would need a new version of all hacks.....silly me.
So turning off shadows, getting rid of the water balloon fights and adding more ram has got me a working vanilla game; now I just need to see if my 'real' cc filled game will work.
vpyroman2

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2007, 01:39:44 am »

De-fragmenting your HDD will help.
Memory doesn't seem to be a problem, because even with 3GB of memory, the game lagged after loading anything. However this was before I defraged, leading me to believe that data access was the problem.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2007, 02:02:31 am »

Ok, I went out and bought bonvoyage. I read this thread prior to my purchase so I removed all of my downloads (just in case). I wanted to try it first without and then with. Well, for starters, it loads everything so slow like if I had 5gb downloads folder. It took forever just to get to make a family. Did anyone else have the clean installer from mts2 dissapear after the Bon voyage installation? And, Once I made a hotel and left the lot, it doesnt let me change the doors if I go back in to the lot (without any sims). I wanted to change the doors becuase for some reason they wouldnt let me check in.
Still cant check in.....and I cant save in the hotel either. It blows. Too much trouble and soooo dissapointing. I have 2 gb ram , and a 2.8 hrtz processor running on xp media center. I havent had so many issues with other eps (excluding pets). I am scared to try it with all my downloads... if it runs this slow now with out cc...

I am going to uninstall until a patch is released. I can live without beach properties. I just wish I could have seen the sims swim in the ocean.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:05:52 am by MixdCrysy » Logged

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2007, 04:48:08 am »

I can add borked bodyshop to the list, it keeps crashing after taking AGES to load up, I thought it might be because of a corrupt mesh as usual but I could get into CAS fine.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: