Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 08:59:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Barn Style Roof  (Read 1911 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Breanan

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2007, 10:00:06 pm »

I can't figure out how to build houses with the bar style roof. It is very frustrating as I have tried multiple attemps with terrible results. Anyone know how to build houses with these style roofs?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 03:08:46 am »

that is a hipped or Mansard style roof.  It is possible to get that made in the game by using the boolprop constrainFloorElevation cheat, or if you are REALLY lucky, you can sometimes manage to get the roofslopeangle cheat to do it in in an unpatched version of the game with Open For Business installed.

Neither method is really satisfying or perfect.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Breanan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:09:57 am »

Yes! That is the type roof I am talking about. I have sat at my game for hours trying to figure out how to do it. Ever want to pull out all your hair? That is how bad it has bothered me. I have all the expansion including Bon Voyage. Please explain to me how it is done. I think the style is beautiful and want the satisfaction of being able to build one myself.
Breanan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 10:30:39 am »

Thank you for taking the time to help me on this. I appreciate it and look forward to seeing your examples.
Breanan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 06:28:59 pm »

Dont forget about helping me with the roof style please!
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:04:20 am »

there's an easy tutorial (with pics) you can follow here-
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=125666&searchPage=exch&search=1&asset_type=story&key=barn+roof&order=UPDATE_DATE+desc&nrows=5&storyCat=&locality=&country=&view=new&hideFramework=&languageCode=

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: