Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 09:54:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want beach lots with water?  (Read 1822 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simofborg

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:23:48 pm »

:toothy4:Hi! I can't get water to flow onto my lots in the beach neighbourhood  since installing seasons. Any lot I put on the beach redefines the coastline, sending the water further back, whereas it used to just flood the back of the lot. I was never really sure if this was meant to happen especially since the house of the fallentrees in downtown had a flooded basement and and the summerdream lot  in Veronaville was completely  flooded. I liked it and have searched the net for a tutorial or info and can't find any. Can anyone help?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 10:34:38 pm »

Are you placing one of the two beach lots or one of the other landlocked lots?
simofborg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 02:30:07 am »

I've tried to place clean 3x3 lots on the beach, and also downloaded lots that were made for that particlular placement. I'm a bit of a duffer which is why I downloaded  other people's creations to see how they were done. I get sandy lots but like I said the game changes the contour of the sea leaving my lots one square short of the sea, I hope that makes sense, thanks for answering have a great day.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 02:40:20 am »

The beach lots that came with BV are 3x5, 4x5, 5x5, and 6x5.  No 3x3.  When you click on Empty lots, you have two options now, Lots and Beach Lots.  You MUST select Beach Lots if you want a lot on the beach.
simofborg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 04:26:09 am »

When you say BV do you mean bon voyage? Because I haven't got it yet, I have all the other expansions and object packs.
I have  had trouble with the game since seasons the computer goes to blue screen in the game and sometimes crashes, my son thinks I have to many downloads and the video card is over challenged. I have culled them quite a lot but it doesnt appear to have made any difference, so this connecting to the interent start up sounds like a bad idea. I really would like to get it, especially if it will allow me to select beach lots that work.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 09:49:51 am »

Your son may be right about the video card.  You can bypass the new Launcher that was put in with BV, so clicking the shortcut takes you straight to the game.

As far as pre-BV lots placed to be beach-like, I've never had good luck with those.  There are a couple terrains used for custom lots that will allow it, but even then only on a couple of lots.
simofborg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 09:19:52 pm »

Thank you for all your help. The good news is my son got me BV and the lots are super, the good/bad news is, while he was on my computer he saw the problem and realized that something in my windows fliles has become corrupted, so he's going to do  a full re-install, which explains the probelms I've been having. to double thanks for your help. Have a great day and enjoy your gaming.:blob6::blob6::blob6:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: