Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 05:47:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims wont go home  (Read 9286 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tinmanjwn

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2007, 07:28:55 am »

I sent the one family on two vacations and they returned home just fine then I tried another family and I bought them a vacation home and sent them on a vacation and they wont go home now that the vacation is over any ideas what is wrong?
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 01:27:05 pm »

Have you got any mods in your game?

Char
xxx

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 02:04:42 pm »

Did you call the taxi for the vacation home Simmies? You have to call the cab for them to go home.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
tinmanjwn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 05:17:03 pm »

I removed the downloads folder so there are no mods and when i try the taxi it does not list anybody but the sim calling not the rest of the family and then only shows the places on the island no airport or home any more ideas?
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 05:55:22 pm »

Try to phone to a "vacation" menu and chose "return to home" or something like that. It's not a regulate taxi call. Wink
tinmanjwn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 06:50:00 pm »

when I call up the vacation menu it says leave vacation and return home but all it does is talk for few seconds hangs up and nothing they will not leave when the vacation was first over the shuttel came and they returned home but as soon as they got home and the shuttel left another shuttel pulled up and took them back to the island and now they cant leave even though the meter shows there vacation as over not sure what to do
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 12:52:09 pm »

They return home and just after return again in vacation ? Erf, you haven't book for another vacancy by chance ? Wink
Linda41258

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 05:28:22 pm »

I have the same problem. Two Sims stuck on a vacation lot in 3 Lakes. Had 2 vacations, stayed in their own vacation homes, first time in Twikki (SP?) this time in 3 Lakes. All custom content removed, hacks/mods gone, nothing except Maxis straight out of the box. I got the message that the time was up on their vacation and that transportation had been dispatched and would arrive shortly. Never did. I had both Sims at different times call to end the vacation and go home, they did the conversation, then just hung up. No jump bug or anything, they just hang up the phone with no message of transportation or anything. Any ideas are welcome and thanks.
tinmanjwn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 05:29:22 pm »

No i only booked the one vacation and as soon as it was over returned home but as soon as they got home the shuttel picked them up and took them back to the vacation home and now they are stuck and cant return home even though the meter shows there vacation as over

i made another family and bought them a vacation home and sent them on vacation but on the last day sent them home before the meter ran out and that worked fine but the first family is still stuck
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 05:42:00 pm »

I will test with my second trip but I haven't experienced any problem on the first one. The shuttle arrive after the phone call (after the message of the end of vacation) and they have stayed at home. Sorry to don't say more. Smiley
Lady Moiraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 07:45:28 am »

Quote from: Linda41258;930030
I have the same problem. Two Sims stuck on a vacation lot in 3 Lakes. Had 2 vacations, stayed in their own vacation homes, first time in Twikki (SP?) this time in 3 Lakes. All custom content removed, hacks/mods gone, nothing except Maxis straight out of the box. I got the message that the time was up on their vacation and that transportation had been dispatched and would arrive shortly. Never did. I had both Sims at different times call to end the vacation and go home, they did the conversation, then just hung up. No jump bug or anything, they just hang up the phone with no message of transportation or anything. Any ideas are welcome and thanks.

What I've done for my "stuck" sims is go to a neighborhood family, use the InSim Objects version "Summoner" to summon the sim then using the boolprop tombstone of L&D move them in with the family.  Then move that sim back out.  When they go to their own home (minus any furniture) shortly after they arrive, the shuttle arrives as if to drop them off then it will drive away.

The vacation home/hotel will no longer work, it will have to be bulldozed and replaced.  Before I started playing, I put all my favorite hotels in my lot bin so I have plenty of extras.  This did work for me, I was able to salvage my sims, otherwise, I don't know what I would have done to get them out of vacationland.

From what I've been reading at other forums, there is a corruption of sims that have been edited that is happening because of the memories of the sims that go on vacation.  I'm sure they'll come up with a fix soon, specifically for those that use SimPE to edit their sims that have gone on vacation.

Linda41258

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 11:12:00 am »

You are absolutely right. I have come up with the same information. There are a lot of people who are having problems getting their Sims off of vacation homes. As for now, my recommendation is for people to not have vacation homes, instead just use the hotels only. I read Maniacs post yesterday that he used the same version of Insim you used- the obj version- and got his off of a lot as well. For all good intentions, I would not give the advice to anyone to put it in their game, don't want to be flamed about that please, but I used it. Yes, I did, and it worked. It worked for that purpose, and now I have my Sims back. I also made copies of that vacation home (thanks for the great idea!) and now we wait for the patch. I'm in communication with EA/Maxis over this and also their BBS reporting bugs. I want this heard very clearly so that we can get it fixed when the patch comes out. From what I've heard, this is a pretty buggy EP. But everyone knows that already. I took out the Insim right after I got the job done. Just like you, I had to move the stuck Sims in with another family, then move them out. Lost their home, kept their wealth. I know, they move out with only 20,000, right? Look in their backpacks! They have enough cars to total their entire worth once again. I'll move them onto an empty lot, exchange the cars for simoleons, and they're ready to go. Thanks for your help, good luck to everyone, happy times.
Jyl22075

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 10:05:11 pm »

I have a family stuck on a vacation lot as well. My sims were not in a vacation home but in the bungalows on Twikki island. My sims went home but then the shuttle came back and took them back to Twikki Island, except for the dad. Now they are stuck there. Maybe I can use insim to summon them back to their own lot since the dad is still there... this sucks. I just got the stupid tour guide fix and now it's something else. I don't think any of my sims will be going back on vacation till Maxis gets their act together.
pureheart

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 07:55:07 am »

Lady Moraine! Thank you so much for posting this workaround. I have had my sim stuck on the mountain campgrounds since my first attempt to play the travel destinations. He was not sent back, he just has never been able to leave. So, I will try this and see whether it works.

Thank you!

pureheart

EDIT TO ADD:  This did *not* work for me. Sad  When I proposed move in, I got the message that my sim was not saved on his household and I should return him home first. At his home lot, I get the message that he is on vacation -- so I cannot save it, move household out or bulldoze the home lot. On the vacation lot (Axes Campground in Mountains), I can't bulldoze the lot because my sim is there. He can check out, then dial to End Vacation -- but then he immediately hangs up. I do not have the buy/build options enabled, so I cannot delete him.

EDIT #2 - SOLVED! I used a drastic method, but I got my sim home at last!
First, I * Backed Up* my game (of course!). Then I used the Clean Installer to find out which lot was the Axes Wood Campground. I then moved that lot package out of the N001 Lots folder and onto my desktop. I relaunched the game and selected my sim's home lot. Within seconds, the shuttled appeared, he got out and went in to fix himself a meal!! I saved the lot.

I lost the campground, but who cares? Chester's home! I am beside myself with joy!

p
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 09:36:59 am by pureheart » Logged
Jyl22075

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 10:45:05 am »

Just wanted to post that I was really lucky with my sims. Since the father didn't go when the shuttle came for the 2nd time. I went in to the home lot and the family just came home on the shuttle. I was pretty relieved as they are part of my main family and third generation.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: