Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 08:44:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Tour guide spamming problem, Maxis/EA Patch to fix this is now out!  (Read 18284 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 08:58:58 pm »

Clean Installer identifies the tour guide, ninja and charlatan by name. They are not listed as game objects. I didn't see the wise old man nor the witch doctor. Are they BV characters?Huh?

Thanks Ancient for the explanation. It makes sense now as I have all EPs installed.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 09:24:57 pm »

Just by clicking the first time on your hood and when you see the message "adding exotic destination" the game is adding 66 new sims into your hood.

Adding the 3 new vacation spot location is adding another 38 sims.

Total for BV = 104

In those, the tour guide and charlatan are NOT even included.

I think it is one of the worst EP ever in terms of adding extra sims.

I am a bit upset I do not have a choice (until clean templates are out) to add those 66 sims at start even if I would not have the intention of creating a vacation spot in one of my hoods.  I am not asked if I want them to be added or not.  I would have love and option to create now or later like I have for the vacation subhoods.

Witch doctor, wise old man, Ninja and Big foot are specials NPC.  Tour guide is like Mrs. Crumplebottom, you cannot interact with it other than ask info, it will not show up as sims you know in your relationship window.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 11:53:39 pm by MissDoh » Logged
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 03:16:41 am »

I am confused. When I use Pescado's hack, will it clean out the extra NPC's or do I have to manually? Will that mess up my neighborhood, the way it is now? I don't want to lose my neighborhood. Sorry for being dense.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 03:40:08 am »

Oh, awesome! I wasn't terribly looking forward to my neighbourhood population reaching critical mass with all those spawned tour guides...

:blob6:
mrs ladybug

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 06:03:32 am »

I had loads unsavoury characters but since putting this in its tackled that problem but I have no Ninja no where, before I had them popping up . Iwonder if its the patch or could it be a hack?

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 08:49:25 am »

Quote from: lewisb40;932150
I am confused. When I use Pescado's hack, will it clean out the extra NPC's or do I have to manually? Will that mess up my neighborhood, the way it is now? I don't want to lose my neighborhood. Sorry for being dense.

The fix won't clean anything, it will just stop the game from continiously creating new tour guide and charlatan characters.

Depending on how many you have, it might not be necessary to clean your hood.  The game by default would have probably generated 3 of each per vacation hood for a total of 9.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 12:24:51 pm »

Stop it, it did, oh grand wizard of Simdom! I had 732 characters last night and after playing a bit this morning, I still had 732 characters. Hooray for MissDoh!The spamming has officially ceased.

Joey the Whinernator

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 12:33:32 pm »

Though it is really sweet of you Jinyc, the one to thank is Pescado he made the fix, I just pass on the information. Smiley
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 12:58:53 pm »

I thank the good doctor here. I am too afraid to thank him at MATY!!!!!!

Joey the Whinernator

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 02:22:41 pm »

Baaaaaa! Cheesy

No requests please
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 02:24:50 am »

I am ever so grateful to find a solution to a problem that I didn`t even know it existed just by reading the forums. I´m so glad to be helped by all the nice and caring community members. Really. Big hugs to all!!:love4:
Zirconia Wolf

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2007, 05:48:56 pm »

What's the safest/prefered method of cleaning out "extra" NPC's from a hood?

(Since SimPE isn't updated yet...? )

-ZW

*** Self-Proclaimed leader of the MoonBats! ***
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 12:19:55 am »

I would say leave it that way for now until SimPe is updated.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 12:53:21 pm »

Played twice and checked again: still 732 characters. I am so grateful for this mod. I am so lucky I have only some 12 extraneous NPCs.

Hugs!

Joey the Whinernator

lynz4tex58

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 07:05:49 pm »

How many Tour Guides are there supposed to be?? My game had 7 so I just disabled 4 of them and added the hack.  With all exp installed there were 723 characters.  I disabled 4 of the tour guides and 4 of the unsavory characters re-ran clean installer and now have 533 characters, weird hunh?

Oh, mirror in the sky.... What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life~~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: