Insimenator.org
May 10, 2024, 01:39:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My sims can`t eat in the restaurants.  (Read 3391 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Janis2005

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2007, 04:47:37 pm »

I have sent two of my sims to the hotel on Twikki Island. They can order room service, but can`t sit in the restaurant and order food. They keep bouncing out of their seats and can`t order food. So I send them back to their room and order room service. Then if they leave the hotel to take a tour or walk to another lot the option "pay dining bill and leave" pops up and they are being charged for a meal they didin`t have. Also their room is the only one now with any furniture. All of the other rooms are showing as totally empty. I have removed insimenator and all custom food and plates. I have removed groups cache, cigen and accesories cache and can`t think what else to do. I have run clean installer and disabled most of my mods. Do I have to take out all of my downloads completely?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 04:52:57 pm »

In the hotel, as other sims check into their rooms, you will not be able to see inside them.  Much like dorm rooms if you have Uni.

Bouncing out of their seats at the restaurants is a sure sign of a mod conflict.  In a cheat window (Ctrl-Shift-C) enter "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true". Then have a sim sit down to order at the restaurant.  When the jump out of seats happen you'll have an Object Error Window pop up, with a filename in it.

Attach the file to this thread (Use Go Advanced for the attachment).
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 05:36:46 pm »

Thanks for the advice. I`m a bit thick, what is Go advanced?  How do I attach docs to this thread? I`m very new to this posting thing.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 01:03:54 pm »

Under post reply you will see manage attachments.

It has to be a conflict as I sent Simmies to that Twikkii hotel and they were all able to eat. Until then I didn't know if we could have restaurants in BV. It's nice to know now because we can send Simmies on dates there.

Hotels do infact play as the dorms do in UNI. Rooms not reserved by your Simmies will disappear if the are rented by other non-playable Simmies. There is nothing to worry about here.

The boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false cheat works if you want to make changes to your hotel. I found this out after continuously substituting hotel for dorm in this cheat. It wouldn't work. The light bulb glowed and I used the original with "dorm" and it worked like a charm.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:06:25 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 01:52:58 pm »

I did the boolprop and it came up with "An error occurred in object "N001_user00656 Ben"#588" Error invalid constant. The stack trace is saved in The Sims 2 Logs/Object Error_N001_t131314.txt"
This error box popped up whenever I directed either of the two sims who were on vacation together, to do anything. Even use the toilet and wash their hands. I made this family in create a sim ages ago. Now what? Is there anything I can do without completely uninstalling ?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 01:59:45 pm »

Take your hacks out of the game and your family will be fine.  If you post the object error log, someone will possibly be able to help identify the problem (Click on Post Reply or Go Advanced for the attachment option).

You really do need to track down all your hacks and do some research to see what is compatible with BV and what isn't.
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 02:16:46 pm »

I have attached the object errors text from my logs file. I really hope that someone out there knows what they mean! It`s all double dutch to me! Thanks to anyone who can help. This is driving me nuts.:worship:

* ObjectError_N001_t130534.txt (139.71 KB - downloaded 109 times.)
* ObjectError_N001_t130646.txt (139.98 KB - downloaded 87 times.)
* ObjectError_N001_t131314.txt (134.68 KB - downloaded 134 times.)
* ObjectError_N001_t131477.txt (134.1 KB - downloaded 96 times.)
* ObjectError_N001_t132026.txt (137.5 KB - downloaded 99 times.)
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 03:01:23 pm »

Try deleting  the file MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package from your downloads.  It has a known bug that will return some bad information that is then picked up by other behaviors.  Monique even recommends deleting it.
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 06:11:32 pm »

OK I`ve deleted MQ Computer Global Sims Controller. (I`d just downloaded the updated computer from MTS2 today) I`ll see if it makes any difference.
Janis2005

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 01:48:18 pm »

OK I give up! I have disabled all global mods, deleted MQ Computer Global Sims Controller, now my sims can eat in the restaurant, but don`t get food delivered after ordering room service! Also the game keeps siezing up and gets the stutters. If I uninstall Bon Voyage and reinstall, do I have to uninstall all Sims 2 EPs and the base game?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: