Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 04:02:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 55
  Print  
Author Topic: Between the Light and the Darknes ~~~Chapter 34 - The End~~~  (Read 221349 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2007, 11:39:41 am »

Vicky - thanks, I was going for freaky.  Not quite the effect that I wanted, but I made do.  Photoshop is not my friend, lol.

Nikki - welcome!  I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

YHsims - yeah, he needs to get going, doesn't he?  Standing around naked when there's so much work to be done.  You'd think he'd be a little more concerned, lol.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Fercho

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2007, 02:17:14 am »

Astral.... I absolutely love your story, poor Tim, I like him... actually, he looks  like me, and he acts like I would, so I really identify with him LOL.

great job Wink

Fercho´s  SPIDER TRAP
 - A psychological thriller with sims - RATED R
Ferdrya747

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2007, 09:20:40 pm »

Wow. This is such a fantastic fantaful story! I love it. You could so be an author for fantasy novels if you wanted to. W-O-W!

New account --> 2*B~Weird
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2007, 02:23:58 am »

I had exams and completely cut myself off from sims for about a month and a half... and now I'm back and there are updates! Yay. Very good ones too. Ileeya is so pretty. I don't blame Tim for staring... XD This tournament should be interesting. I'm betting Tim will win. Or something.

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2007, 01:40:29 pm »

Fercho - thanks for your compliments.  They really make my day!

Ferdrya - Aw, that's so sweet of you to say!

Squirt - glad to see you back!  I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

To everyone - I'm sorry it's been so long since I've updated.  My entire family is sick, including me, and we've had school cancellations and delays out the wazoo.  My kids have been here more often than usual, and I find it difficult to work on this when they're here.  Hopefully, next week will go much smoother and I can finally get chapter 9 up.  Thanks to all of you for your patience and support - you really have no idea how much it means to me!!:love7:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:33:22 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2007, 04:48:07 pm »

We dont mind waiting Smiley hope you get well soon

Look At My Sims HERE
Psst! join a RolePlay[/B]
I just want to wrap you all up in cotton wool and roll you down a hill :smt120
YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2007, 04:47:55 pm »

yes, get well soon! Patience is a virtue.

:snorting: My Spiffy Thread
sorrowfultear

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2007, 06:00:09 pm »

I just read through your entire story... I really like it. ^^
You're very talented to be able to A. write well and B. take great pictures
Very curious about the girl's "split identities"..
I really liked the beginning.
And lol in the nekkie
:O Will be watching you from now on. lol
<3

Come see my sims HERE!
Download Christian
*ike ike go! go! ore go! go!*
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2007, 10:15:50 am »

Lola and YH - thank you so much for your concern.  Ugh - between all of us being sick and this stupid weather, not much is getting done.  School was cancelled again today because this winter storm is just kicking our butt.  We're supposed to have more bad weather next week.:goofy:

Sorrowfultear - Thanks so much!  I love hearing feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying the story.  I love taking my pics in game if possible, because I'm not good with photoshop and don't have the patience to learn.  I have to get my hubby's help on some of them.  I hope you'll stick around, I'll get another part up someday...

sorrowfultear

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2007, 10:05:32 pm »

yay you're welcome ^^
Haha I'll check in every once in a while...
Photoshop = teh smex
but yeah, I agree, it's tough sometimes
funny how kids today are so savvy with technology. lol.
my mom can't even figure out how to check her text messages on her phone @__@

Come see my sims HERE!
Download Christian
*ike ike go! go! ore go! go!*
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2007, 03:36:07 pm »

I don't even own a cellphone, let alone know how send and check text messages.  I'm just an old fogie, lol.

Thank you all for being so patient.  On with the show.

Chapter 9

It was another few monotonous days of field work for Tim.  The routine left much to be desired.  Every morning was the same, every day was the same, the late lunch was sometimes different food, but the company was always the same.  Jondak would occasionally pester Ileeya during lunch, but she was always demure and handled the situation like a lady.

The only thing Tim looked forward to was the end of the long hot day and an evening alone with the most intoxicating female he had ever met.  She loved to hear stories of his world.  He told her all about Gertie and Bones, and his work and hobbies.  She shared stories of her home world with him, as well.

She, before coming here, had lived in a small village with her family.  She had been out alone on a walk, enjoying the light summer breezes when she stepped through the invisible portal.  She, too, had seen the bizarre landscape with its black stagnant pools when she first arrived.  And the demon.  She was taken directly to this cell, where she had been for the last ten years.

When Tim recounted his story about what happened after his arrival, in the king's throne room, she seemed perplexed.  She never went to the throne room upon her arrival.  When Tim asked her if she had ever shared the cell with anyone else in all those years, she answered a little too quickly that she had not.

Tim learned some other things about his new home.  The practice sessions for the slave tournaments were held once a week.  The last week of each month was spent mostly in the practice yard.  And as the time for the Grand Tournament drew nearer, the slaves spent the entire month before it practicing.  Tim was almost looking forward to these sessions.  It had to be better than gardening.

Ileeya was animated when she talked about it.  She had a gleam in her eye when she told him how often she was asked to train newcomers.  Many of the senior slaves were trainers.  

After a quick trip to a 'weapons' room', where various weapons lined the walls and Tim was expected to pick one, he was ushered to a bench in the practice yard and told to wait.  Tim didn't know anything about weapons, so he chose a sturdy sword and a wooden shield.  Then he sat.

A few moments later, Aark returned with another of the slaves and gestured for Tim to get up.  Then Aark stood back and gave a bellow.  The creature immediately closed the distance with his sword raised high above his head.  He let out an excited yell and attacked.

Tim was unprepared for the ferocity of the attack.  The blow caught him on the side of the head.  He stumbled under the force of the blow, but managed to keep himself on his feet.  The creature was quick and was already bringing his sword back around for another hit by the time Tim stabilized himself.  He had an extra second before the sword made contact and he attempted to block it with his shield.  He had never used one before, and was unfamiliar with how to properly employ it.

The second hit grazed Tim's shield and hit him in the stomach.  It was a light blow, luckily, and merely winded him a bit.  The creature leered at him.  Tim raised his sword to strike, but the thing countered the attack easily.  This is much harder than all the movies make it look.

Tim's opponent swung again and this time Tim was able to move his shield into the line of fire.  A loud wooden thud shook Tim's body, numbing his arm.  The battle continued.  Tim scored a couple of minor hits, but received many more.

After getting his butt kicked by a few more competitors, Tim was allowed to sit and rest.  His eyes scanned the sparring pairs and came across Jondak.

He seemed, as usual, totally at ease.  He chose to fight with a short weapon in each hand.  Although he didn't like the guy, he had to admit Jondak definitely knew what he was doing.

He was a blur of motion, striking first with his right blade and easily dodging his opponent's retaliation by turning his body full circle and attacking with his left in one fluid movement.  Tim hoped he would never have to tangle with him.

A sparring pair next to Jondak happened to be Ileeya.  When he saw her his heart skipped a beat.  What is wrong with me?  The sword she used was enormous, almost as big as she was.  He wondered how she managed to even swing the thing, let alone move with the natural grace of a feline while she fought.  She was an absolute vision to watch.  It looked as if she had been fighting all her life.

A few moments later, the battle ended, and Ileeya and her opponent bowed to one another.  Time seemed to slow down and Tim was aware of nothing else but this very moment.  The sounds of fighting all but disappered as Tim's focus narrowed on Ileeya.  She wiped the light sheen of sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand.  A few platinum strands of hair had escaped the leather band that tied the remainder back.  They framed her face and clung to her neck in damp curls.  

She closed her eyes and lifted her face as a light breeze fanned her.  As if she sensed it, she turned toward him, catching him staring.  Heat rushed to his face, but he did not look away.  She smiled and he thought he would die.  He never felt this way about anyone before.  Time sped up to normal again as she approached.  Tim did his best to act normal in her presence.

She sat down next to him and smiled again.
"Very impressive," Tim said to her.
"You really think so?"
"Yes," he said sincerely.

For and endless second he was lost in her eyes.  Damn it.  He knew he should be more concerned about his present situation, but she was his present situation.  He couldn't concentrate.  He tried, but he couldn't help himself.  It was so easy to let reality just slip away into nothingness.  He now knew, without a doubt, and with no further denying, that he was hopelessly in love with her.

Reality slammed back into him at full force as his daydreaming was interrupted by Aark.  His face wore the usual scowl as he glared down at them.  He said something in an angry tone, and Ileeya gave a sharp retort right back.  Aark responded with a few words, and then left to attend to other business.

Ileeya turned to Tim.  "Aark said since we enjoyed spending so much time together, then perhaps I should train you to fight...better."

Tim couldn't help but smile at the fabrication.  "What did he really say, Ileeya?"

"Um..."

"Come on.  I can handle it."

Her words came out in a rush.  "He said since you probably couldn't hit a wellner if your life depended on it, then perhaps I should train you."

Amused, Tim smiled.  "A wellner?"

"It's a very large mountain beast.  Very large.  And very slow."

Tim noticed the surprised look on her face as he threw his head back and roared laughter.  "Is that so?  Well, then, let's get to work."

Hours later, Tim sighed deeply as he stared at the ceiling of the cell.  He missed his dog.  He missed everything about his world.  Just being in a place with other human beings seemed like an impossible luxury.  He realized with growing horror that he was doomed to spend the rest of his days in this strange world with its strange people and its strange language, working as a slave with creatures who felt as alone and out of place as he did.  And what of Ileeya?

Despite how he tried, Tim couldn't keep his feelings for her hidden from his eyes.  He didn't want her to get the wrong idea.  But what was the wrong idea?  She fascinated him.  Her every graceful move, every word spoken in that melodic voice and formed with those luscious lips.  How he longed to kiss them!  He could sometimes see in her face that some of his feelings were recipricated, but he also fear, caution.

After all, she isn't even the same race as him.  He was in love with an alien!  What would his buddies say about that?  But if they saw her...the unearthly beauty she possessed, that could only exist on another world.  Damn!  He chastised himself for getting so hung up over a woman.  A woman!  He hated himself for being so vulnerable and weak.  Everyday he would strive not to let her see his feelings for her.  He looked over at Ileeya's still form sleeping soundly.  What was he to do?  He pondered this question until his mind was as tired as his body.  He fell asleep trying to find the answer.

For once he had a happy dream.  He was back home jogging in the park with Bones.  The big dog barked happily when they stopped for a snack.  The air was crisp and clear, and smelled of hotdogs from a nearby concession stand.  Squealing children chased each other around the playground.  Colorful kites decorated the air.  And the promise of Gertie's homemade peach cobbler was at the forefront of his mind.  Tim smiled in his sleep.

Meanwhile, several cells away...

"Jondak...Jondak...," the soft voice floated into the room and swirled around Jondak's thoughts.

"Jondak, wake up," the voice said firmly.  

Jondak's eyes flew open when he realized he wasn't dreaming.  "Ileeya...how...?"

"Sssshhh.  Don't talk.  Just relax."

Before his mind had time to process the command his body immediately relaxed, all his muscles going limp.  An odd sensation swept over him as he stared at the figure in his locked cell.

"My name is Shirra.  I have a request for you, Jondak."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:03:56 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2007, 04:03:26 pm »

Ooh, an evil twin maybe? Intriguing Smiley

No requests please
Lola136

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2007, 04:33:24 pm »

how did she get in??? hmmm mabe she is magic or mabe she is just a vistion in his head...hmmm...great update:D

Look At My Sims HERE
Psst! join a RolePlay[/B]
I just want to wrap you all up in cotton wool and roll you down a hill :smt120
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2007, 04:53:25 pm »

Well, she got into Tim's dreams alright didn't she...? Wink

No requests please
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2007, 03:07:56 pm »

Ooh finally catching up with my stories!  Shirra being Ileya's dead ringer might get him in trouble, I don't think she is as sweet as Ileeya.  Astral I'm enjoying your story so much I really like the aliens they are all so different.  Now there seems there will be some romance can't wait to read more!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 55
  Print  

Jump to: