Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 02:37:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OUterwear changes possible?  (Read 2963 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PhaseWalk

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2007, 05:11:53 pm »

I'm getting slightly tired of having a nice selection of outerwear and then when a new sim comes along, they get a random piece of outerwear. Is there any way to change the outerwear of Sims?
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:16:05 am »

Yes sure. You can plan the outerwear with the new hallstand of Seasons. Wink
PhaseWalk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 10:31:27 am »

I must be blind - what hallstand? where is it located?
(and you have no idea how much I appreciate this!)

Re-post: Ok, found the hall stand and it does allow me to buy outerwear, but how to do I plan which outerwear to wear outer ... err, that got weird ... but the question is, now that I can buy outerwear, how can I plan it? That option does not appear on the planning menu.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:31:05 am by PhaseWalk » Logged
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 01:40:35 pm »

I've just verify. You're right, the option "plan an outfit" (?), it's "prévoir une tenue" in french) isn't here no more. I don't know why. I will test without custom content, it's maybe a conflict. Smiley

Edit : Arf... No... Even without CC the option isn't here. Why ? :dontknow:
I have to verify but I'm pretty sure that the "plan outfit" from the Insimenator wardrobe is functionning. You can use it probably. Wink
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:55:41 pm by Mihura » Logged
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 02:13:16 pm »

Phasewalk, are you using maxis dressers or custom dressers? Alot of the custom dressers don't have the choose outerwear option. I have one ugly Maxis dresser on my lot so that they can plan outerwear, usually somewhere hidden.  What's strange, the coat rack should give the option to plan outerwear, tho.  Maybe a hacked item is blocking it? Check for hacked clothing type things, like a hacked dresser without updates for seasons. Hope that helps.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 03:30:57 pm »

After a new test I have found the plan outfit option in yes Lewis, a maxis dresser not a family stuff dresser (the marine one) but a regular wardrobe (with the base game the more expensive I guess*). Still none with the Seasons one though. :rabbit:

Since the option isn't here without any custom content, I wonder if it cannot be a Bon Voyage issue... But... I have maybe (still) something corrupted in my game. I don't know. :roll:

PS : And PhaseWalk, the wardrobe option of the Insimenator is functionning. You can plan your outerwearoutfit with it. Cheesy

* It's the more expensive dresser of the game. It costs 2125 § ("commode en cerisier Chesterchic"). tongue
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 05:30:07 pm by Mihura » Logged
PhaseWalk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 06:58:42 pm »

what version of the Insimenator are you using. I do not get that option to change outerwear with the version I have. Not using BV, either.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 06:56:52 am »

With Bon Voyage I'm using the 2.7 but you can use if without Bon Voyage. Download the last version. Smiley
This option appears with the second menu (after "plus..."), at the left of the panel. It's the wardrobe adjustor option.

But you can use Maxis dresser too. I have to verify all but the 2125 § one (at least) allow to plan outerwear. Wink

Edit : Ok. 2 outerwears minimun are required for having this "plan option". And with this choice the option is here for all dressers of Maxis (but not the hallstand I don't know why).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:30:36 am by Mihura » Logged
PhaseWalk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 12:24:55 pm »

Well, I do appreciate the help, but I am not seeing anything that allows me to plan or change outerwear. I have put in every dresser in the game and no such options exist. As for the Insimenator, I do not see that option either when I plan an outfit. I did get the latest Insimenator and there are still only 7 options - everyday, formal, pajamas, swimwear, underwear, gym clothes and maternity. The Hall stand only has three options - everyday, undies and PJs. This seems to be a lost cause.
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 02:07:49 pm »

A lost cause ? I hope not... Wink I'm not sure but for the Insim, have you look at all the options of the "wardrobe adjustor" ? Because I remember the outerwear wasn't in a regular submenu. I have to see in the 2.7 version to be sure however. :roll:

It's strange because I haven't any "plan outfit" option with the hall stand juste "change outfit". But for the Maxis dressers, you are sure to have 2 (or more) outfits for this category ? And all families of your game have this problem ? If it's the case, try to delete the .cache files of the Sims 2 folder maybe. And before abandon all hope, try to reinstall. Perhaps it will give some regulation... Smiley
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 03:36:34 pm »

There must be a hacked dresser conflicting with the other mod. Or some type of hack affecting clothing. When I bought seasons, I had the same problem. I had a hack conflicting, although I cannot remember which one. Try DJS hack conflict detector @ http://www.simwardrobe.com/  under the Sims 2, then click Programs. This program has helped me alot and stopped my headaches of trying to find out what the problems are in my game.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
PhaseWalk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 08:26:10 pm »

Well, it's all good now Smiley Thank you all for the advice. I used the hack conflict detector, and only removed one hack, which had to do with private school clothes. While at it, I updated Inteen, and next thing I knew, everything was working fine. Thank you all so much. You have been a HUGE help Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: