Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 05:26:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mailman/paperboy on loop--non-residents can't leave  (Read 2186 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nocturna76

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:44:44 pm »

ok, i just got bon voyage, & yes, it's playable, i suppose, but there are some very annoying problems happening:

no non-residents can leave my residential lots, which means we end up with a bunch of townies standing at the edge of the lot all day (including neighbors who were visiting and then attempting to leave) screaming about bathroom, hunger, fun, whatever, but they're just stuck there, everytime they get to the edge of the lot, they fade out like they're leaving, then just re-appear....because of this, the mailman never stops delivering the bills (as soon as you pay them, he reappears on the lot & delivers more, nevermind the time of day, or day of the week), & the paperboy, just endlessly redelivers the paper, since the game won't let him leave the lot (i'm not exaggerating when i say there were literally 50 papers in the yard, & he kept reappearing & delivering more)

yes, i can delete the extra sims & the papers by turning moveobjects on, but it still doesn't stop the problem from happening the next time someone walks by or the next time the mail's due or the paper's due, it just starts the loop all over again

any clues? anyone? please?

EDIT-ok, i just finished removing every single mod from the game except the insiminator & the seasons version of the inteenimater...it still glitched...then i forced myself to remove the inteen & everything worked again, so yes, the seasons version of the inteen is what was causing all the problems (it was my #1 suspect, anyway)...so yeah, problems gone, however so is my ability to stand playin the game WITHOUT the inteen....but i figured i'd let everyone know, just in case they had any of the same issues
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 03:30:29 pm by nocturna76 » Logged
gareth075

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 01:47:06 am »

There is a Patch out now for "BV" try that, It may work. get it here:http://thesims2.ea.com/update/?pid=Help_patches

LIFE is for LIVING so LIVE IT and have FUN
nocturna76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 01:52:35 am »

yeah, i added the patch already, didn't fix aything though...i suppose there is a disclaimer on the patch page that says it may not work with existing lots, so i guess my next option will have to be to try and make a new family/lot, which kinda sux, since i didn't wanna just stop playin all the ones i already had, but thanx though
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 01:11:59 pm »

If you are using mods, did you update them all before you install Bon Voyage ep?

Is this happening on all your lots or just one?
nocturna76

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 01:28:41 pm »

yes, i've played about 5 different lots, & it's happened on all of them....

& i've gotten so many different mods over the past few yrs, i wouldn't even know where to find updates for most of them at all anymore, if they do exist at all (the insim seems to be the only mod that anybody ever bothers updating for each xp, & thank goodness, since it's 1 of the main 2 mods that i absolutely cannot live without)...all my other mods seem to be doin what they're supposed to do in the game though, it's just that i've got this other crazy stuff goin on now... Sad
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 01:37:30 pm »

If you did not update your mods, it is the problem.  Many have been updated at MATY, MTS2, Inteen, take a look around.  If you did not update any in a long time I would suggest you remove everything and start looking again and download new ones.

Ruining the game with outdated mods is very bad, it can ruin your neighborhoods as you can see already.  Even if some seemed to be running fine it does not mean they really do.

You can try to isolate the faulty mods by cutting your download folder in 2 and play with one half in only to help finding the culprit and keep on doing that until you isolate the faulty one.

If you do no want to remove your old mods and do not look for updates, I am sorry but there is not much we can do to help.

I suggest you also run the hack detection utility tool you can found at http://www.simwardrobe.com site so if some are conflicting you will know.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 01:42:35 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: