Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 04:21:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey guys,nothing urgent!  (Read 2346 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
moonyloopy

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2007, 03:53:14 pm »

Hey.There's one thing i don't understand about the sea when i'm in the neighborhood panel.On Tiwikki island the water is a light blue,but in the other islands i make,the sea is darker.
Please help!:google:
Anybody out there?!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 07:30:01 am by moonyloopy » Logged
moonyloopy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 07:37:41 am »

GUYS?!
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 08:54:25 am »

the lighter water isn't as deep as the darker water.

If the water is too deep then beach lots won't work, you won't be able to place them.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
moonyloopy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 06:13:24 am »

How do i make the water shallower?
P.S:Even when i use the Tiwikki island TEMPLATE it's a deep blue.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 08:53:53 pm »

it's rather difficult to explain...

On land, I just make a shallow valley, just barely deep enough for water to show up, then I use the level tool (shift/1 or 2 size) on the water area to make a larger area of water (or river) that will all be shallow. If I want any of it deeper, I use the shallow valley tool (shift/1 or 2 size) again to lower the water level in the spots I want deeper.  

I haven't looked at the Tiwikki Island terrain in SC4 yet, been meaning to.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
moonyloopy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 10:56:48 am »

Could you upload any of your shallow neighborhoods?
P.S:Where do you get these tools
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 07:04:25 am »

some of my terrains are already uploaded here.

the tools are all in God Mode...

Simbology
retrotrut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 08:52:36 am »

God mode? huh? since when is there God mode?

Dido's new album "Safe Trip Home" is coming out on November 17 2008. More information found on http://www.didomusic.com and http://www.retro-trut.blogspot.com Smiley
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 02:28:18 am »

Hey Sleepycat I love playing SC4. IMO The game that started it all.
You know I have not played since July. Nice work Sleepycat Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 02:31:15 am by Chopperchic » Logged
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 05:53:43 am »

I used to play SimCity a long time ago... I don't even remember what version it was :lol: I was never very good at it but it was fun. One day I may get around to actually playing SC4 instead of just making terrains for TS2 :lol:

heres some tips & tricks for making terrains in SC4 that I have put together from other peoples info and from what I found out on my own. I posted them over at my friends site where all my terrains are (I only have a few of them uploaded here), link is in my sig.

First thing you need to know & remember - There is No Undo Button! Save often, specially after doing something you really like! otherwise you may have to re-do it if you screw up. At first I saved often and exited (to the Region) without saving, now I usually just re-do/fix whatever I screwed up.

ctrl + shift + c = yellow lines will show alongside the different terrain levels, making it much easier to straighten out beaches and see differences in levels.

you can re-access God Mode by holding down Ctrl + Alt + Shift and then clicking on the God Mode button.

you can rename a city!

first enter the city
then open the cheat window with Control + X
then type "whererufrom TheNewName"
then hit enter
then save

this cheat renames the city in SC4. you can just rename the file outside the game but in SC4 it will still have the old name, which means you can only have 1 version of that terrain in your Region.
I usually work off a previous terrain that already has flat beach lots so I don't have to waste time trying to get the terrain that low again. This is a very handy cheat for me!

If you work off already made terrains like I usually do =

You can minimize SC4 and then place a copy of whatever city/terrain in the
My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions\Downloads
you can then import that city/terrain into SC4. You do not have to exit and reload the game!

random Tips & Tricks:

If your starting a brand new terrain (City) then I suggest going into Mayor mode right away and naming it (and then save), then re-access God Mode. You can then place Roads or Bulldoze them in God Mode using the keyboard shortcuts.
R = Roads
B = Bulldoze
This way you don't have to keep switching between God Mode and Mayor Mode, big time saver!

Get used to changing the size of the God Mode tools
Shift + 1 = the smallest size. Zoom out and it will be bigger then if you zoom way in. I usually work with tools set at 1, 2 or 3 and adjust how far I am zoomed in (or out) so I have the best control for whatever I'm currently doing. For careful work I zoom in until the tool is the size I need for 'fine work'

The Level Terrain Tool is your best friend, use it well, it's found in the lowering terrain tools section. Seriously, I use the level terrain tool constantly!
If I want mountains, I will use the "raise a small hill" tool to raise one hill, then switch to the level tool (set to 1 or 2) to run that hill around my edges, if you do it quick your hills won't be all the same height - play with it, it's fun! I also use it to trim back mountains that are too close to the roads and stuff or to just fix uneven terrain.

Simbology
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: